Add Reply
New Poll

I don't belong here//, Ruby
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Apr 21 2014, 12:41 AM
If you want money in your coffee and secret refs in your tea keep your paper heart away from me
questionableWonderlandersMome Rath47 postsapplicationplotting
idris lewellyn

you got something i need
in this world full of people there's one killing me and if we only die once i wanna die with you. you got something i need, in this world full of people there's one killing me, and if we only die once i wanna die with you. if we only die once i wanna die with you, if we only live once i wanna live with you.

Idris likes pretty things. The pretty trail of blue flowers wound from a fissure of purple vines and followed a merry little path of uneven stones. Of course he had to follow them, plucking the prettiest of stems and weaving them into his hair. By the time he reached the halfway point, one side of his hair tugged back in a waterfall braid of blue and purple while the other hung in bouoyant strands.

And then the pretty flowers ran out, filtering into plain, boring hedges. Idris frowned, staring at the wide, low hedges with a slightly bitter taste of annoyance in his mouth. It quickly vanished in the wake of Rissa skipping happily down the stone path. One side of his hair was clearly lacking in decoration but he was determined to find some other pretty flowers to finish it off with. It'd be no fun to go back and retrace his steps for more flowers. He picked all the best ones already!

Thankfully Wonderland was a smorgasbord-board of color and floral arrangements. By the time his toes hurt from hitting the same spot too many skips in a row, Idris stumbled upon another patch of flowers. A lovely pink shade this time, with perfect stems to finish off his hair. He was a shock of color with flower-bedecked hair and a very, very tiny pair of shorts(it's hot outside!!) and a shirt only barely missing the 'crop top' category. It was a blinding shade of green, why he wasn't sure. Because it stood out in his closet(aka mountain) of clothes and dresses were too flowy for today.

Idris happily played with his hair and rummaged around for something shiny and reflective to cling onto. Low and behold, he found something.

Nothing shiny, unfortunately. But it was something! The hedges he'd been following earlier broke apart seamlessly, leaving a thin, high arc between the thick foliage. Nestled just inside the entranceway of sorts was a very, very big table riddled with cups and saucers. Maybe it would have made more sense if half of them weren't broken and the teapots less...well. Mismatched was putting it politely.

But Rissa was immediately intrigued, hopping down the steps to peruse the table of wonders. Little delicate cups and clunky, square shaped cups greeted his fingers. He beamed, petting the pieces with the tip of his index finger. What a happy little place to stumble upon!

Idris picked out a seat and scooted in, nice and polite. Then he scrounged around for the perfect cup and waggled it in his hands, enjoying the curve of the petal-shaped rim and the delicate handle. What a lovely afternoon for a tea party.

Now, if only there were some guests.

[[So >_> Rissa kinda made himself at home. We got the setting from the original movie but I'll happily change it around if you prefer ^_^ and if you'd like a different place or thread that's cool, I'll just switch it over to open ^_^ Or force Cas to join muahahaha--I mean *ahem*]]
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: May 1 2014, 08:34 PM
Normal is an illusion...what is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
25WonderlandersMarch Hare157 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

Elbows down, Pinkies up...that's the way you sip my cup!
Ruby had just discovered something new and fun...wigs! It was a fascinating trend in London, and the normal ones were okay. It was the bright colors that grabbed her attention. In fact, she'd bought one and was prancing around the house she shared with Hatter in Wonderland.

The wig was a bubble gum pink and long and curly. She loved it. Pair with a simple black corset and long, flowy pale blue skirt, the fabric almost perfectly matching her eyes, she was happy as a lark. Her feet were bare and she was happiest that way.

It was while baking and dancing around the kitchen that she had gotten the brilliant idea to have a tea party. She hadn't had one in a long time, usually Hatter was one to hold the tea parties but she hadn't seen him in a while either. So she decided to have one. Maybe he'd show up. It was rare for no one to show up to tea parties, right? That's how it used to work.

So Ruby had been bustling back and forth, bringing yummy treats and teas to the tea party area from the home. All the while singing "I'm a little tea pot" and other nonsensical songs.

Ruby was returning with a tray of brightly colored scones, a treat she'd learn to make and perfected in London, when she noticed someone was seated at her table. For a brief moment her heart leapt at the thought it might be Castiel. But it didn't take more than a few seconds to know it wasn't him. This individual at almost opposite features to Cas. Where Cas was dark and muscular, this person was pale and svelte. Not to mention, Cas had short hair and this person had long enough hair to braid flowers of all colors into it.

Ruby danced up to the table and walked around from behind the guest. The flowers were very beautiful! Ruby popped her head over the shoulder of her guest and peaked into the cup. "Tea cups taste better with tea in them. Want some?" She asked, a smirk on her lips.

Ruby wasn't upset that a stranger was sitting at her table. Quite the opposite. This person was way to lovely to be upset with, and Ruby always loved a pretty face at her table.
Notes tag Idris! And no worries, this is perfect!
Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: May 1 2014, 09:58 PM
If you want money in your coffee and secret refs in your tea keep your paper heart away from me
idris lewellyn

you got something i need
in this world full of people there's one killing me and if we only die once i wanna die with you. you got something i need, in this world full of people there's one killing me, and if we only die once i wanna die with you. if we only die once i wanna die with you, if we only live once i wanna live with you.

Rissa pet the lovely teacup with delighted fingers, wondering who this beautiful tea party setup belonged to. But he was too busy playing with the cup to listen to the soft pad of footsteps behind him. He didn't miss the sudden pretty girl talking to him and offering tea, however.

He jumped in his seat at the sound but surprise quickly faded into happiness at the offer. He held out his little cup and beamed, tangled tresses dangling in his face. "Please!" Idris wiggled in his seat and took in his new friend - for she would definitely be a new friend, she offered him tea. His toothy grin widened as he scooted to face her properly.

"Thank you very much for sharing, I love tea." He rambled without preamble. "I'm Idris. Is this your tea party? Am I invited?" He peered over the laden table curiously, eyes alighting on the treats littered between cracked cups and beautifully painted tea pots. "It looks like a magnificent spread. I bet you have a whole bunch of party guests planned. And all those snacks!" His mouth watered at the thought of food--he couldn't remember the last time he'd eaten. A bit forgetful, he was. And he usually spent most of his attention on new clothes and pretty things - like the flowers in his hair and the bright pink hair of the hostess. Did that make him a party crasher? Naughty Rissa. He should know better.

After a second of thought he reached up and plucked a pink flower from his hair and held it out to the pretty girl. "It matches your hair, I think you should have it. To apologize for crashing your party. It was quite rude!" Back again was his blinding smile. He liked to grin, even though sometimes it hurt his face.

Was he rambling again? Probably.

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: May 1 2014, 10:50 PM
ruby singer

The smile on her guest was beautiful. Had she any misgivings, which she didn't, but had there been any, they would have vanished. She stood up straight and nodded her head at the polite agreement to tea. She set her plate down on the table and glanced at the many steaming tea pots. "What kind do you want? I have mostly white tea, for it is afternoon. Whites and reds are best for afternoon tea, but I do have a few black teas. Do you prefer sweet and light? Or zesty but robust?" she asked. She had prepared a lot of tea.

Ruby smiled brightly at being thanked, of all the people to pop up at her table, it was nice that they were polite. She wasn't sure if the guest was a he or she, but it made no difference to Ruby. As someone who used to be a male hare but was currently in the form of a female human...gender meant very little. "It's nice to meet you Idris, I'm Ruby. And yes, this is my tea party."

She was about to tell Idris that of course they were invited but her new guest began going on and on about the snacks. "Help yourself." She said, nudging a plate to sit in front of Idris. "I made all sorts of sweets, there are orange scones, apples and cinnamon scones, sticky buns and honey and cream tarts. Raspberry tarts and even elderflower jam for the honey scones." She indicated each sweet as she spoke. "There are small sandwiches, some with turkey or ham, some with cucumber or spinach. Just about all that is needed at a tea party!" She beamed, quite pleased with her work.

She glanced at Idris as a flower was offered to her. She smiled and took it, sticking it behind her ear. "It's beautiful! Thank you! I love the flowers in your hair! It's amazing what you did with the flowers in your hair. So pretty!" she cooed over Idris.

Ruby shook her head at the mention of being rude, "Nonsense, I set this up for guests and friends. You are now both! So you are welcome at my table!" Ruby took a seat next to Idris. She grabbed a teapot that held a hibiscus and raspberry white tea, "This one is nice if you like soft, sweet tea with a slight tart pop. It's really good." She poured some of the pink liquid into her tea cup then held it out as offering to Idris. "But if you prefer something else, I have a lot of tea. You can eat anything you want too." She smiled.

She put a few cucumber sandwiches on her plate and a honey scone. She grabbed the elderflower jam and put a little on her scone. "So, new friend Idris, what brings you to my tea party?" She asked, her tone bright and lively. She was quite happy to have a guest.
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 09:09 AM
idris lewellyn

you got something i need

Rissa stared out at the attack of the teapots across the table and realized for the first time they must all have been filled with various teas. Even as he looked, little puffs of steam burbled from the spouts. He giggled, counting until his head spun. So much tea! "I've never really had tea before." He tapped his chin, considering. "If I had tea I didn't know it." He smiled, imagining how many flavors he can choose from.

He had no idea where to begin. His hostess, Ruby as she was so called, even offered him smacks. And of the snacks there were so many choices Rissa's eyes grew wide, ogling. It all looked amazing! He wasn't too fluent in keeping his though ts in his head; they spilled out of their own volition. "Goodness there are so many choices. I want to eat them all!" Already he could feel the tummy ache his future self tried to save him from. Warnings did no good--they looked so fantastic he couldn't resist if he tried.

Idris' mouth watered, faltering between the sticky bun and the orange scone. Indecisive and suddenly starving, he grabbed one of each, and something else Ruby must have named but hand sunk in memory wise, nibbling first the orange scone. He crooned a sound of delight and bounced in his seat. Crumbs itched on his lower lip and he licked at the yummy fragments, immediately diving into the sticky bun. Sweet and gooey, he finished it before he inhaled a breath.

Rissa licked his lips, and his fingers, all while waving st Ruby. "It suits you perfectly! pretty pink flower for a pretty pink girl." He took another bite of his scone, scarfing down treats as though he were dying. "We should go exploring together sometime. I'll put lots of pretty flowers in your hair." Rissa loved flowers, something about their fragrance and bright, vivacious colors reminded him of his days as a mome, those blurry memories with only smells and a sense of singularity sharp among the muck.

Rissa preened to be referred to as friend, even if they only just met. He bonded quickly with people, demanding childish things like hugs at random. "I'm happy to be welcome! Its such a wonderful tea party, I bet people from all over come to visit you and have your yummy food." He munched on what looked to be a tart of some sort and held out his glass, happy. "I would love to try some of that tea. Tart tea goes good with tarts!" He giggled and twisted in his seat. Would it be too hot? Delicious, definitely. Ruby didn't seem like the kind of hostess to disappoint.

"Nothing especially. I was looking for flowers, and your tea party looked so inviting I had to take a peek!" He sipped his first real cuppa and hummed his delight, taking another sip before having to set down the steaming cup. "I'm so happy to have found it, too. This is exactly where I want to spend my afternoon. With my new friend Ruby!" He clapped his hands, hair sliding across his throat in buoyant curls and bright petals. How delightful, the perfect afternoon!

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 01:00 PM
ruby singer

Ruby was smiling at Idris until he said he'd never had tea before. Her jaw dropped open in shock as her eyes got big. NEVER HAD TEA! That was...that was utterly bizarre to her. She glanced around at all the steaming kettles, not sure where to start him. "I can't believe you've never had tea! That's horrible! You poor thing, well not to worry, I will fix that soon enough." She chewed her lip for a few seconds in contemplation. She watched Idris, trying to get a sense for what might be pleasant for his palette.

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she hadn't even noticed she started mentally referring to Idris in the masculine. Gender didn't make a squat of difference to her, so the pronoun assignment happened without forethought. It just felt right to her subconscious. In the meantime, she got a sense for Idris' love of flowers and color. "Well...I can see you like bright colors, sweet smells, and pretty things. So...let's start you out with a sweet, light floral tea." She snagged a white teapot with silver, pink and yellow rosebuds decorating it. She poured some into a teacup. "This is one of my popular ones, it's calls Strawberry Peach Romance. Cheesy I know, but people like it when I name my teas. So..." she gave a shrug. "It's a white tea with pieces of apple, pineapple, rosehip, peaches, hibiscus petals, strawberries and just a touch of cinnamon and ginger. Mostly you'll taste the sweetness of the peaches and a slight tang of strawberry." She explained as she set the teacup in front of Idris. "It's a perfect starter tea. Plus, isn't such a pretty rosey peach color?!" She indicated the liquid in the cup.

She glanced around at the sweets that Idris indicated. "Don't get overwhelmed, you can always try a little of everything." She suggested, then laughed with delight as he started in on a few of the treats, making a bit of a mess. He reminded her of little ones she sometimes came across. She wasn't much for children, but she appreciated innocence in someone.

Ruby giggled and touched her flower at the mention of a pretty pink for a pretty pink girl. She then nodded enthusiastically at the idea of going exploring. "I love exploring! Oooh! And you could do anything you wanted to with my hair! Especially if it looks close to as beautiful as yours!" She reached out and played with a curl. His hair was so soft!

She blinked a few times as his comment about people coming from all over. "I have a best friend...he always had these tea parties with me. He's busy though...and people used to come and visit. But not for a long time...that's why I did this today. Cause I wanted people to come!" She sighed. It was frustrating but that's what today was all about. Remembering the good times and making new friends. She was already well on her way with her new friend.

She was drawn out of her thoughts by Idris asking for some of the tea she was having. She laughed, "Yes, this tea does go well with tarts!" She grabbed a second cup and filled it, setting it in front of him next to the first one. She smiled, "I'm quite glad you did! I love making new friends, especially ones who love to explore!" She giggled at his declaration of her being his new friend as well. "You're welcome to stay as long as you please!"

She nibbled a bit more on her scone. "Do you venture a lot? Where have you gone? What's your favorite place to explore?" She was quite curious to get to know this beautiful Idris.

PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jun 19 2014, 08:20 PM
idris lewellyn

you got something i need
Rissa giggled, one hand on his chin. His bright green nails tapped along his jaw as he stared at the darling Ruby. "Strawberry peach romance, that's perfect!" He pursed his lips and scrunched his nose, delighted. He couldn't wait to try all of Ruby's teas! He was certain he would love it all. "Does it taste like romance? I wonder what romance tastes like..." He wondered aloud. A fool he was not, but he spent plenty of time in the presence of the less sane wonderlanders to pick up on their quirks. Like questioning the taste of love - though his less than pristine mental faculties dove into more perverse ideas at the question. He giggled to himself and shook off the thought, reaching out to grasp the cup.

The first sip didn't scald his tongue--it was just under the line of boiling, a few notches above hot. He swilled the tea around his tongue before swallowing, blinking rapidly. "Delicious!" Lips damp, pinky out - as he'd seen Ruby do - Rissa took another generous sip of the sweet, refreshing beverage. The early afternoon had a nice breeze, keeping the sun from boring down hot enough to sear. It made the afternoon perfect for tea sipping.

The tasty treats on his plate grew in portions. He snagged a muffin and a few little tarts with currants stuck to the top and started sampling indiscriminately. He mumbled his appreciation between bites, adding 'sweet' and 'tangy' and other little nonsensical phrases along with his delightful mouthfuls. "Ruby is a fantastic cook." Once his mouth was reasonably clear of food - though crumbs clung to his cheek - he took another sip of yummy tea, until it was all gone. Good thing there were so many to choose from!

"That settles it." Rissa reached out to pet Ruby's pink hair. "Next time we're going exploring and I'll bring ribbons and we'll find all the flowers to braid in your hair. And we'll go shopping for the perfect outfits afterward! I love shopping, there's so much to choose from." Idris had a flair for rambling without reason. Also, easily distracted. Cue the next pastry stuffed between tea stained lips.

"I'm sure your friend will make lots of time for tea when he can. you make such magnificent tea I couldn't imagine anyone missing out for long!" He reached out to pat her hand, smiling. Unlike most humans - or in his case wonderlanders turned humanoid - he wasn't very good at developing strong relationships. He was a very flippant person. His emotional depth was about the same as a dried out kiddie pool. The idea that there was someone important in her life that could affect her so deeply when he wasn't there surprised him. It trilled a faint song of worry behind his sternum.

"No frowny faces." He reached out to touch her cheek - a gropy boy that one - and pinched it lightly, careful not to hurt her. "I'll make sure you have the best day ever. That's an Idris promise." The second cup of tea was just as delicious as he snatched it up for a deep drought. He hummed his delight before swallowing and and speaking again. "New friends are my favorite! And tea too, I love that too! And exploring..." A chuckle, deeper than his silly girlish giggles, tumbled out. "I love everything. I'm quite easy to please."

Rissa tapped his chin with a long index finger. "I leave the house every day and don't always find my way back at night. Truth be told, my house is more like a giant closet. An overstuffed closet." He tilted his head, ogling Ruby. "You'll have to visit one day, I have tons of pretty clothes that would look beautiful on you." Something red. Or black. She had that striking beauty and delicate sweetness that could be devastating or subtly shoved down people's throats upon first glance. He decided immediately he liked her immensely.

"I've gone all over the place, I can never keep track. My favorite place to explore in Wonderland is the flower garden. So many pretty things!" He loved pretty things. Rissa could die happy surrounded by beautiful things of any type or style or variety, living or artwork or clothes. Didn't matter what. Everything beautiful called to his vain little heart. "I love exploring the camden market in London the most, though. So many special tiny shops with hand-created dresses and big stores with walls and walls of shoes. Enough shoes that I could never wear them all in ten years! Even if I switched pairs every hour." He nearly cried at the very idea. So many shoes, so little time to wear them all properly.

Idris leaned forward, brushing crumbs off his short and his face. There were a lot. "Where do you explore? Have you found any cool secret places? We'll have to make a hidey house to share just us! We'll have special tea parties and dances and lots of alcohol~"

Oh alcohol, you know how to treat me.

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 01:52 PM
ruby singer

Ruby furrowed her brows in thought, she’d never considered what romance would taste like. ”I don’t know…I suppose it could. I’ve never been romanced…or had romance. I’ve had lovers, they’re usually very sweet and will bring me gifts and compliments. But I don’t think that is the same. They’re dear friends.” She shrugged and sipped her tea. Sometimes she was bothered that she didn’t have someone special, she always wondered what it would be like. She heard many people talk about it, and to hear the way Fintan speaks of it, it fascinates her. It’s an oddity. Ruby knows love, she dearly loves the Mad Hatter and the Dormouse. But neither in a romantic fashion. Sometimes she envies those who find romantic love, a life partner of their own. She doesn’t like the feeling of envy, so she often drinks it away when it becomes too strong…or she finds someone to take her mind off of it.

Ruby’s attention is drawn back to Idris as he delights in the food and drink. She preens at his compliment, ”Thank you…I work very hard.” She likes having someone appreciate the effort she puts into her spreads. She spent a lot of time learning to make scones and poor Dormouse and Caterpillar were subjected to testing them until she got it right. It still amused her to remember the Caterpillar putting up with her failed tries. He always had a good suggestion though, even if he grumbled it at her. She still valued his opinions greatly.

Ruby clapped her hands in excitement at Idris’ exclamation of their next adventure. ”That sounds fantastic! I love shopping and having my hair played with. It’s a fascinating sensation, I often go to a place called a Salon to just let them play with my hair.” It was odd, but the feel of someone running their fingers through her hair always made her feel at ease. It was quite relaxing. So anyone who offered to play with her hair, was welcome to. ”Oh and I love shopping! Clothing is fantastic, especially in London. They have the most unique styles and it’s so wonderful to find such bright colors.”

Ruby was becoming fonder of her new friend. He was energetic and happy, like her. He liked exploring and complimented her hair and cooking. He even loved shopping! She laughed when he made her a promise, an Idris promise, which she took to mean it was serious. ”Oh I believe you! You’re too fantastic to not have fun with! And easy to please is not a bad thing, on the contrary, I find it a very likable quality in a new friend. There are too many picky people out there, finding someone else that is easily pleased is nice!” She announced. It was the truth. Ruby was often easy to please and easy to amuse, so it confused her to find people who weren’t the same. She preferred someone who could find joy in the little things, like she did. It made life more enjoyable.

Ruby clapped her hands in joy, ”Yes! I’d love to visit your closet! You can come to my home any time. In London, I have a small flat above my shoppe. I spend a lot of time in my shoppe, but I love to explore too. I usually find my way home, but sometimes I end up in other people’s beds. That’s usually at the end of a lot of dancing and drinking.” She laughed. She’d woken up in a few random beds since coming to London, it was always an adventure.

She thought on her favorite places to be explore. ”I love exploring anywhere in Wonderland, there’s so many fun places if you try. I usually close my eyes and spin in a circle as long as a can. And wherever I stop, that’s the direction I go in. We should do that sometime, it’s fun!” She laughed. ”In London, Camden Market is my first favorite, but I really love China Town! My friend Dom took me there one time and it was wonderful. They have a lot of fantastic food and so many neat trinkets and fabrics and colors. It was wonderful! We’ll have to go there too!”

She giggled at his look of distress over not having enough time to wear all the shoes. She knew the feeling, she was obsessed with boots. She loved them and always bought a new pair whenever one caught her attention. ”I love shoes, boots are my favorite…especially with a heel! I have a lot of boots!” She nodded her head in agreement to his idea. ”We can use my flat as a hidey hole for dance parties! And I know a really great place to get alcohol, they make really good drinks and have fun music and lots of dancing. I’ll take you! You’ll love it!” Ruby was quite fond of dancing and drinking, it was always a good time. ”Do you go to London a lot? You can always come over to my house there if you want. It’s above my herbal shoppe in Camden Market. I’m sure you’ve seen it. It has my name on it!”
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 06:57 PM
idris lewellyn

[QUOTE=idris lewellyn,Jun 19 2014, 08:20 PM]
you got something i need

Rissa giggled. "Lovers are quite yummy, don't you agree?" His gaze dropped to the cup clasped in his hand. "Almost as yummy as your teas." He was quite pleased to have stumbled upon this luxurious tea party, with all of Ruby's delectable creations. If any place was as perfect as this party, he had yet to find it. He delved once again into the smorgasbord of snacks, taking bites of everything on his plate before systematically devouring them all. Delicious!!! She should have a cafe in London! Or sell her wares at bakeries and street fairs.

"Shopping is my favorite activity of all time--though dressing up and going out to clubs is a close second." He dabbed at his mouth with a napkin and rubbed crumbs from his glittery lips, simultaneously scrubbing the color right off. But he barely noticed amidst the morsels disappearing into his gullet. "Then we must go to one of these Salons to get our hair played with! And shop! We'll buy pretty things and prance around London drawing all the cute boys." He winked salaciously, raising his cup of tea for a split second before guzzling the sweet liquid.

"Shoppe?" Rissa pricked up at the word. Did she already own a fancy cafe or store there? How delightful! "I'll definitely visit you in london! And who needs their own bed when someone else's bed is even comfier and more welcoming?" Ruby was going to be one of his best friends, Rissa had already decided. She was sweet and fun and she liked to shop! Could he ask for a better best friend? Well, truth be told he probably couldn't even if he tried.

"Alcohol and dance clubs I am in!" Idris laughed. "I love high heels. The higher the better. Especially when I tower over everyone, people can't resist staring." Coquettish, this one. He loved attention and especially loved it when someone stared at him so long he could practically feel them undressing him with their eyes - or could at least see the horror blatant in their irises. Both were good to him. He loved making a statement.

Rissa jumped up and clapped upon hearing about Ruby's shoppe. "Yes! I have, I have! It looks so cute but I've never had the reason to stop in before. I'll have to stop by all the time now." He beamed. "And I'm in London all the time--I just don't have a place there because I don't actually work." This was admitted with no small amount of chagrin. He couldn't help it; wasting time working instead of having fun didn't seem very logical to him. Rissa had spent too many years walking aimlessly, doing his "job" and working toward a nonexistent goal. No more of that nonsense, thanks.

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jul 7 2014, 07:04 PM
ruby singer

Ruby giggled and nodded her head to Idris’ comment regarding lovers. ”Oh yes, quite! I’ve got a few that I gravitate towards, but randoms are fun too. I have one little tasty Irishman, he’s got an amazing accent! Just listening to him talk is enough to make me purr.” She giggled, finding delight in talking to someone who wasn’t prudish. She came across a lot of people who were either shy or uptight about sex. Ruby wasn’t, she found nothing shameful in it and therefore nothing wrong with talking about it. Others weren’t so open, but it seemed Idris was in the same mind frame that she was. ”But the great thing about him is he makes a great friend too! It’s not all about sex, we can just hang out and have fun! It’s pretty neat, no strings or unnecessary attachments.” It was a pretty sweet deal, especially for someone like Ruby who wasn’t sure if she was capable of falling in love. These types of relationships didn’t require it and had clean lines drawn in the sand to make things easier. Love was messy, and while Ruby liked a good mess...love secretly scared her.

Ruby laughed at the idea of prancing around London with Idris, ”Oh we’ll make all the girls jealous! The boys won’t know what to do with themselves!” she laughed. ”We will own those clubs!!” She clapped her hands, delighted at the idea of going out with Idris. ”We’ll have to plan an entire weekend! We’ll get dolled up and go out drinking and dancing!” She squealed in excitement then took a sip of tea.

Ruby beamed with pride as Idris recognized her shoppe and compliment how cute it was. She thought so too. ”You have to come visit! I’ve got all kinds of soft chairs and yummy treats! It’s even cuter inside than it is outside!” She gushed.

She nodded as he spoke about not having a place to live in London because he didn’t have a job. ”I’m sure you could get a job as a model! You’re just so pretty!” Ruby offered. She was sincere, Idris was stunning. ”I know I get a lot of artsy types in my shoppe and they offer money for people to pose for paintings and photography. We could easily find you a job like that!” She knew a few people that would likely adore how beautiful Idris was. ”I’ve always wanted something to call my own, and when I went to London I saw the opportunity for just that. So I started my herbal haven. I have help now, so that’s nice. But it’s still a place I can be proud of.” She was proud of her baby, which was often how she referred to her shoppe. ”And I got a place that had an upstairs that I could turn into a small flat, which is nice. So I don’t have far to go after work. And it’s not so much work because I love what I do! So that’s nice. I mostly hold tea parties all day!!” She laughed. ”You could find something you love to do…you like fancy clothes and shoes, so maybe modeling would be good!” She shrugged, ”Then again, you don’t always need a job. Sometimes it’s more fun not to have one.” It was true, as much as Ruby loved her job, she also liked her free time.
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 02:26 PM
idris lewellyn

you got something i need

"Sex friends!" Idris giggled. Now that's what he needed. Lots of sex friends--he didn't know exactly how love worked but it sounded very complicated and he wasn't good with complicated. Give him an easy night drinking and ending up in some strange, gorgeous person's bead and he was pleased as punch. Considering Momes didn't really--well. One thing he never thought about as a fluffy haired Rath was how to have fun. There was simply the walking, the painted paths. The faint memory of a dazzling smile and a dog with a broom for a face. His memories were more like hallucinations, something an acid tripping teenager would think up while lying face-first on the carpet.

So he didn't think about them much.

"I would love to go drinking and dancing with you!" Rissa cheered, throwing his arms into the air and laughing. He immediately pilfered another tart from one of the platters. "We'll dance the night away and all the boys will buy our drinks." He did so love the generosity of a man who wanted to get laid. Even if they didn't realize Rissa was a man, the free drinks were nice. Though truthfully he didn't need the alcohol to take up the companionship of another. All he needed was a pretty face and a bit of chemistry to rock the bed posts.

Idris made a mental note to look up Ruby's shop next time he was in London. Now that he tasted her delicious tea and got to know her a bit, it was an inevitable must. And he had no doubt her shop would be beautiful and all her teas would be to die for. "It's so great you own a tea shop! I bet people human and otherwise flock to your place just to taste your amazing tea." And London was the perfect location for a tea shop; Englishmen even had an hour they called 'tea time' or something. If her shop wasn't the most popular on the block then those Brits had no idea what true delicious flavors really were.

"Modeling?" He tapped his chin. "I can get paid for wearing clothes? And looking pretty?" That was unheard of. Sure he'd seen tons of signs with pretty people on them but he never thought much past 'ooh pretty boy/girl'. While he spent years accumulating his clothes, other than that he never really paid much attention to London as a whole or the human world's way of life. His money came from Jenna or not at all. But to hear he could be paid to stand there looking pretty? He could be paid and buy his own clothes from his own money?

"Please introduce me to those model people." Idris grinned, lips stained pink from his tea. "I don't know how well suited I'd be for the job but I would love to wear pretty things for a living." Easily pleased, that Rissa. Didn't take much to bring a smile to his face and it would probably take an epidemic of shoe-related apocolypse suffering to wipe the smile away.

"I've never had a job myself." He shrugged. He lived a very carefree life of indulgence and pleasure. His lifestyle mocked the humdrum life of 98% of the combined worlds' populations. Lucky git, that boy. And it was sure to run out eventually. "I think if you do something you love then maybe a job is worth it in the end .But I dont' know, I've never bothered trying to get one. I do just fine without."

[[late tay is the worst my apologies]]

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 05:57 PM
ruby singer

Ruby laughed at Idris’ delight regarding sex friends. Ruby had to admit it was a concept she was quite fond of herself. She nodded vigorously at the idea of them ruling the clubs. It would a blast with Idris. ”You can come by whenever you want and we can have a whole weekend of fun! And I know all the good places to go. There’s one place that makes this great fruity drink that’s all colorful and so delicious! You’d love it!” She clapped her hands in delight.

Ruby was proud of her shoppe, ”It does pretty well…especially since I have special teas that can’t be found elsewhere.” she winked. She loved her shoppe and had no problems bragging about it. She had put a lot of work into it and loved everything about it. Plus, it was pretty popular, so that was always a nice bragging point.

”You’d make a wonderful model! I’ll have to talk to a few people. I know a girl named Lael…she’s an artist but she might know some photographers who would love you. She’d probably want to paint you or something. She’s very colorful herself. I think you’d like her, very nice. She even gave me a painting she made for the shoppe. I’ll have to give her a call when you’re in London so you can meet her.” Ruby was quite pleased, helping out people made her happy and if finding Idris a job that he loved was helpful then she was happy. ”You’ll be a model in no time. You’re too pretty not to be.” she said matter of fact.

She nodded her head, ”There’s no point in having a job if you don’t like it. So if you try modeling and don’t like it then you can quit! You can work when you want to and have extra money. Or you can just drop it and move along. That’s the beauty of life, it’s yours to do with as you please!” she took a sip of her tea. ”London makes for interesting things but with my shoppe, I can open it when I want or take time off. I work the hours I want and it’s a lot of freedom cause I’m the boss!” she gave her head a nod. ”Plus, I love having tea parties…and those are becoming more popular in London. At least, the ones in my shoppe are!” she laughed. ”We’ll have to throw one in honor of your unbirthday when you come to London!” Ruby always found a reason for a party, especially a tea party.
Notes tag Idris! Sorry so short!
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 08:27 PM
idris lewellyn

you got something i need

Idris beamed. "Fruity and colorful? I'm in!" He was so easy to please, and he loved colors. Especially ones that tasted good! Ruby was absolutely endearing and he relished the idea of hanging out with her for an entire weekend, hitting all the clubs and drunkenly passing out at her place only to start all over at eleven in the morning the next day. They would raze the clubs to the ground with all their partying and dancing.

Rissa didn't really have anything to brag about himself. No awesome skills or cool shop. He didn't even have a house so much as an overstuffed closet in Wonderland. But he was a happy person and loved all things beautiful and amazing. Ruby was both of these things, and he already adored her. She looked so happy talking about her shop he couldn't help but smile. "I can't wait to see your shop. I have no doubt it's as brilliant as its owner." He fawned over her a little but he was so overjoyed to meet someone so like him. Most wonderlanders were too morbid or overwhelmed, too serious and stressed out. Ruby was none of these things and it pleased him to no end. Finally, someone who understood him.

Idris absolutely delighted in Ruby's compliments, wriggling in his seat. The idea of being a model whatever that was sounded so fun. And to be painted? Someone would want to make a painting with him in it? That caused a smile so bright it could outshine the sun to spread across his face. "Thank you so much for your kind words. I would love to meet this Lael woman, if you recommend her I bet she's wonderful." Plus he really could use the money--he assumed models got paid, at least he hoped so. Dressing up and getting paid was important okay!

It was the best feeling to meet someone so like him in attitude. That was exactly how he went through life, enjoying the things that gave him pleasure and walking away from anything he didn't like. That's how life should be lived; Rissa didn't understand why people didn't all do that. He'd met so many pessimistic humans who loathed their jobs and didn't make enough and hated to wake up in the morning. What was wrong with finding something great and making it a part of your every day life? Even if you have to have a shit job, you can at least do something afterwards with your time to make things better. Drink, read, paint, fly kites. Whatever the heart desires. Humans just didn't understand it and he couldn't fathom why.

"Tea is so tasty and sweet, I love it. I would especially love to visit your shop for an 'unbirthday'. I do love to party you know." He winked, reaching out to grab his cup of tea and downing it. Immediately he picked out a random pot and filled his cup. Smelled like vanilla or apple, something sweet. He loved sweet things! "Even the humans know a good time when they see it, no wonder they love your tea parties. And your shoppe!"

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 03:05 PM
ruby singer

Ruby couldn’t express how pleased she was that Idris showed up to her tea party. She’d been worried no one would, that she would have been sitting here alone. And while she usually liked many guests, she found she was quite content with one. Idris was so full of life and energy, that he easily kept her attention. His energetic personality and joy for life rivaled her own and it was so easy to feed of his energy. Often times Ruby could reflect whatever energy was sent her way, it helped the energize her. It wasn’t a power or anything, just a habit. If you were down and sad, her energy, while still present, was usually lower than normal. If you were bouncy and exuberant, much like Idris, than she would be too. It was the way she worked. It’s what made partying with her so enjoyable.

Ruby preened under his flattery, it didn’t hurt that Idris so freely gave it. Ruby loved to be flattered, but she never hesitated to reciprocate. ”Oh yes, Lael is wonderful…she’s good too. And I have no doubt she’d pay you. I’m not sure how it would work, but I think paintings of you would sell fast. I’d buy one for my shoppe! I could have my own Idris shining brightly on my wall!” Ruby actually really liked the idea now that she voiced it. Idris was beautiful, and combine that with Lael’s talents for pulling the color and glow from people…it would certainly be perfect for her shoppe.

Ruby nodded in agreement, ”I’ve found most humans to be very responsive to my tea. Like enjoy feeling good and my tea and shoppe often give that to them. They feel calm and often relax in my shoppe. Though when it comes to clubs, a lot of those humans know how to party too. They have a good appreciation of beauty, so I have no doubt you’re a favorite!” she grinned.

She watched with eager eyes as he tried another tea and seemed to enjoy it. She was glad, she liked when her concoctions were successful. She was making mental notes what Idris liked so that she could make them at her shoppe and sell them. If he was a first time tea drinker and liked it, then there was a good chance that it would do well among the humans.

Ruby clapped her hands, ”Unbirthday parties are my favorite!!” She took the last sip of her tea and selected a new cup, clean of any flavor, and poured a different tea. She loved tea, drank it all day and could never have too much. ”There’s so much you can do with an unbirthday, from themes to whatever! The possibilities are endless. That’s why they’re the best. The humans find them amusing too. So that’s always nice.” she nodded.

”When do you think you’ll be in London next?” she asked curiously. ”I can make sure Lael pops around the shoppe the same time as you so you two can meet.” She offered. She loved helping people, it was fun. Plus, she really wanted her painting of Idris, now that the idea was cemented in her brain.
Notes tag Idris! Sorry so short!
PM
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 12:12 AM
idris lewellyn

you got something i need

Idris giggled at the thought of being on a wall--he hoped there would be lots of colors! Being around Ruby in general was pleasing, he hadn't so thoroughly enjoyed himself in a while. It was nice, spending time with her. Even if this was their first meeting he was certain they would meet again and become the best of friends. He would bet his favorite mink coat on it!

"I would love to be painted! I mean, on a canvas of course. Though I don't minnd being painted myself!" He grinned. "Lots of pinks, right here." Rissa pointed to his face and then lifted his hands. "And big orange hand prints all over! That would be fun. We should have a people painting party someday. You can supply the amazing teas and snacks, I'll find the paint!" He was going off on a weird tangent but he thought it would be super cute, though with his track record of making things happen it was a two on a scale of ten.

Rissa raised his hands bashfully, though he knew he was a little conceited. He liked how he looked and he thought a lot of other people appreciated it too. They said it often enough, even when they ask 'are you a boy or a girl?'. He didn't even mind those questions, really. He thought it was sweet they even wanted to know. Though sometimes it was a come-on. "Humans are vastly entertaining. I love how many things they like to do, and they can be so friendly." He winked, making a very exaggerated gesture with his brows and opening his mouth in a sideways smile. "Clubs are one of my favorite places to be--other than clothes shops of course."

"I know I'm not the only fan favorite at clubs," He added with a smile, picking up a cute little raspberry-colored pastry and nibbling at the edges. "I bet all the humans just fall all over themselves to dance with the pretty lady." He would have! If they'd met in a club he would have sought her out and demanded a dance, even though he was ungainly with two left feet and liked to drink until he hit the 'hazy giggles' as he called them. Where he really wasn't sure what was going on, but he giggled enough to assume he liked it.

"I think we should celebrate lots of unbirthdays together," Rissa announced happily. "With all kinds of themes! Pink has to be a theme! And flowers. And dresses. Everyone has to wear dresses, that'll be on the invitation. Ooh, and a dance theme unbirthday. There are just so many possibilities, you're right. we will have unbirthday parties until we celebrate every theme ever thought up!" He was so easily excitable, so riled up. And Ruby with her brilliant personality and sweet smile. He just wanted to pull her up into a hug and squeeze till she squeaked. Girls liked to do that, and he thought it adorable.

"I'm in London pretty much every day. How about this weekend? I'll save Saturday especially for visiting you at your Shoppe! I can't wait to see it, I know it'll be amazing." He finished off the sweet, slightly tangy pastry and licked his fingers. "This Lael girl, I'm excited to meet her too. I love paint and I love to be painted. I bet she and I will get along great--does she like colors too?" He beamed, a crumb clinging to his lip and his eyes squinty in glee.

I think we should have a new thread with Idris visiting Ruby's shop soon <333 cause that would be super cute and they can get drunk on wine and giggle the night away ❤❤❤
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.