Add Reply
New Poll

Oh, catastrophe | |, For Aubrey!
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 05:16 PM
If you want money in your coffee and secret refs in your tea keep your paper heart away from me
questionableWonderlandersMome Rath47 postsapplicationplotting
idris lewellyn

You will surely drown

It was an off day for Idris. First, it was raining when he arrived on the other side of the glass. His dress was not made for damp weather; ironic since he bought it in London. Bright magenta with a gold belt, he made one hell of a walking poster board for drowning victims. Soaked through, dress clinging to his thighs in sticky masses, Rissa did not a happy boy make.

And then there was Jenna. Who he loved and feared. Who also refused to give him a credit card for hid shopping spree and instead handed him hundred pounds. That wouldn't go nearly far enough for his taste! He pouted even as he walked, mountain of a girlie man in six inch heels--as if being six-one naturally wasn't enough of a strange height for a man who could fall over from a particularly grumpy breeze.

A soaking wet, broke, sexually baffling enigma in the middle of Oxford street. Bustling with tourists and girls with higher credit card debts than Rissa himself, it was a hodge podge of activity. Idris whined in the back of his throat, twisting from one direction to another. Where to shop? What to buy? A coat would be the best course of action but the sun already peered through the wispy clouds. Shoes? No.he couldn't buy such cheap knockoffs.

What to do?

tagged: Aubrey | le notes hur
PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 07:01 AM
i wish that you could see, all that's left of me. in this land of broken dreams, i still try to believe. i'm all right i'm all right. i don't mind if you don't mind. i'm all right
16HumansSTUDENT76 postsapplicationplotting
aubrey whitney

Sometimes he just needed to get out of the house. During the week he had school, and those six hours (plus any after school activities he could pick up) were his salvation. Over the weekend however, he had to make his own escapes. Technically he wasn’t supposed to leave the house unsupervised at the weekend: while under the influence of drink, Andrew Whitney asserted this rule with threats and outright aggression, but that morning his father had been half asleep, resting after a long night at the pub with his friends on the previous night, and Aubrey had managed to coax a mumbled permission from him. Really, he supposed the man just wanted the noise to go away, and he’d likely have to try and remind him of the permission when he returned to accusations and questions galore about his whereabouts.

That didn’t matter though- wouldn’t matter until he got home that evening, and he planned to stay out as long as he could. So far he hadn’t received any phone calls, and he hoped he wouldn’t: if his father didn’t call, it meant he didn’t care, and if he didn’t care… well, then he had a chance of escaping any rebuke when he got home.

Glancing at his phone, he managed a wry smile and pocketed it, shrugging his shoulders and forcing a smile on his face. Today was going to be a good day, he was positive: he’d make it a good day. It didn’t matter that it was raining on and off all day, it didn’t matter that he didn’t have any money on him (for once, he hadn’t dared to sneak a note from Whitney Sr.’s wallet on his way out). It wasn’t raining right that second and as for money? Well, he’d got real good at stealing it.

He knew his mark immediately: a remarkably tall woman (well, from behind that’s what it looked like… Aubrey had been born and raised in Camden, he knew not to assume too much, but it was a pretty solid guess) in a soaking wet dress holding a bag. He felt a little bad, taking from a woman who the clouds had essentially tried to drown only moments before but… he needed cash, and the other was so well dressed that he highly doubted they were poorly off. When it came to an old tatty hoody and patched up jeans vs a magenta dress with a gold belt, it was kind of obvious who needed the money more.

So, swallowing back any moral objection- he darted forward and as he ran past her, snatched the purse.

Looks innocent enough, doesn't it? But sometimes there are dangers involved that never meet the eye. No matter where you meet a stranger, be careful if they are too friendly. Hey, a casual affair That could go anywhere And only for tonight Take any moment, any time A lover on the left A sinner on the right Just lay in the atmosphere A casual affair lay in the atmosphere A casual affair, whoa!
this post is for idris and is a beautiful 437 words long. Other than that, I have to say oh god . thank you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 05:45 AM
If you want money in your coffee and secret refs in your tea keep your paper heart away from me
idris lewellyn

You will surely drown

Today really wasn't Rissa's day. He was wet and cold, tugging on the skirt of his dress with clammy fingers. The wet fabric kept riding up - which, considering it was barely mid-thigh length was a big problem. Hopefully he wouldn't end up accidentally flashing some older matrons already disapproving of his attire. And the few seconds he dropped his guard to straighten his skirt some skinny kid made off with his purse.

It really wasn't his day. The brief seconds Idris took staring dumbfounded, the boy was halfway down the block.

"Shit!" He played with one of his favorite "bad" words, bursting into a precarious sprint. Six inch heels were a bitch to run in. Ooh another swear word. But even with the unstable gait and heavy, attention grabbing clomp of footsteps ringing off the close-packed buildings Idris persevered. I only have a hundred pounds dammit!

A foul mouth was par for the course today. The only saving grace was his size; long legs and a surprisingly slight weight to cut through the crowd made for a good pairing. He darted between burly men dragged along by nit picking wives and hopped onto the low wedge of wall encompassing a pitiable tree. Launching off and staggering when heels met uneven pavement, Rissa barely managed to keep on his feet. Now where--

There!

"Hey, wait!" Idris was clearly untrained in the art of stalking a mugger. "Please, that's my last hundred quid!" Breath slammed into his lungs and exploded in short bursts. He wasn't reaching the end of his limit already was he? "I need it! You don't know what I had to do to get that money!" Now, in retrospect Rissa would have reconsidered his choice of phrase. But gasping, chasing after a scrappy kid in big ass heels, knowing for a fact his dress had climbed nearly up his ass on that last vault from the stone, not a single thought came to mind but please give it back.

So he shouted again, less than ten meters behind the kid who, surprisingly, looked much younger than Rissa expected. Though Idris knew he looked very young compared to most humans he also had no recollection of his true age considering the length of Wonderlander lifespans. Why was this kid stealing in the first place? He didn't look homeless. Idris met plenty on his London and Camden adventures, listening to their stories or unbalanced, jaunty diddies for hours at a time.

This kid definitely had that healthy, recently fed and bathed look. "If you're looking for a meal I'll buy you something to eat. Whatever you want." His words came out in half strangled wheezes now and one hand clutched the neck of his dress. Why was he still running?

"Kid can--fuck--you stop--" He coughed hard. Damn he needed to work out or something, this was pathetic. "Stop...running?" He tried again, voice high and scraped with the demand for hydration.

PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 09:39 AM
i wish that you could see, all that's left of me. in this land of broken dreams, i still try to believe. i'm all right i'm all right. i don't mind if you don't mind. i'm all right
aubrey whitney

“Hey, wait!”

Shit… usually, if he ran fast enough he was never caught, and usually the mark didn’t notice. He supposed he’d stepped up a bit from the usual sly pocket thieving in grabbing this purse, though, and the realisation that he’d essentially just mugged the person (for upon closer inspection and hearing the persons voice… he wasn’t altogether sure on the gender anymore) almost caused him to stop. Almost. He couldn’t stop now. If he did? Then he’d surely be grabbed and held in place while someone called the Police. He couldn’t be arrested, he just couldn’t.

“Please, that’s my last hundred quid!”

A HUNDRED? This person had a hundred pounds on them? Who carried that kind of money?! The most he’d ever had in his pocket had been twenty pounds, and he’d had to steal that from his dad’s wallet. On the good days, the days where Andrew Whitney was sober enough for them to engage in a father son activity, it had been Andrew who carried the cash: even then, they could rarely afford to go above sixty, no matter what the occasion.

This person was clearly very well off, and he clung to that- let that sink in and keep him running, jumping over a gate and sprinting down through a little patch of green nestled in the bustling city. He was close to Hyde Park, and once he got there it’d be easy to lose the other in the trees.

“I need it! You don’t know what I had to do to get that money!”

He almost stopped, then. Mostly out of confusion- had he just unwillingly stolen from a prostitute? In that case, maybe he didn’t have to worry about the police… but in that case he would have to worry about a Pimp. They didn’t have quite as many rules to go by as the Police, and it was this potential reality that kept him running.

The sound of the heels slamming down on the concrete behind him and the knowledge that the giant of a human was gaining on him had his heart racing and for a second he forgot that he’d stolen: could only focus on the fact that he was being chased, and when he swung around the gate into the surprisingly almost-empty Hyde Park, he felt relief flood through him. Before he could make a break for the tree line, however…

“If you’re looking for a meal I’ll buy you something to eat. Whatever you want.”

This slowed him, and he turned about to see the other standing in the gateway to the park, gasping for breath and looking significantly worse for wear. A little out of breath himself, Aubrey hesitated, clutching the bag like it was his life line, heart hammering as he swallowed hard, unsure of what to do. Now he’d heard that, now this poor bedraggled stranger had offered to buy him food if he needed it… he couldn’t. He couldn’t do this.

Nervously, he approached the other, fully expecting to be grabbed by the collar or struck across the face, and it showed in his body language. He was terrified.

“I’m really… really sorry. Have it back… please- please don’t call the Police…”

His dad would kill him.

Looks innocent enough, doesn't it? But sometimes there are dangers involved that never meet the eye. No matter where you meet a stranger, be careful if they are too friendly. Hey, a casual affair That could go anywhere And only for tonight Take any moment, any time A lover on the left A sinner on the right Just lay in the atmosphere A casual affair lay in the atmosphere A casual affair, whoa!
this post is for idris and is a beautiful 437 words long. Other than that, I have to say oh god . thank you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jun 13 2014, 06:51 AM
idris lewellyn

You will surely drown

Idris clutched his chest and heaved. That kid could run! His dress was a wreck and he didn't even want to think about his rats nest hair. Good job, Idris. You're one hot mess that's for sure. He awkwardly adjusted the upturned hem of his dress, glad the fabric had at least attempted to cover his backside. As soon as he straightened and realized the kid was returning his purse, Rissa was on him.

"Thank you so much!" Idris bent down to hug the kid, squeezing hard. He practically lifted the boy off his feet before finally setting him down. He ruffled the boy’s hair, beaming. "Aren't you a good boy after all." Rissa examined his purse, petting the gold buckles along the side. He didn't even bother to look inside to double check, he was that sort of easily beguiled idiot.

He tapped a long gold painted nail to his chin. ”Police?" He shrugged. "No idea. So where are some food places here? I only buy clothes in London..." He chewed his lip, then shook his head. "Lead on...wait, I didn't ask your name. Who are you?" He turned to look at the mop haired blond, not noticing how much like siblings they looked--though he really towered over the boy with such ridiculous heels.

PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 07:19 AM
aubrey whitney

The hug, entirely unexpected- caught him off guard and he actually yelped as he was picked up in the tight embrace. Old welts and bruises aggravated by the firm grip, feet giving a gentle kick before he was placed back down on the floor. The ruffle of his hair reminded him of his father in his sober moments, and he gave a wry smile: the contrast between the two feelings leaving him confused. All the while, his fear of what this stranger might do now he’d managed to capture him tore him up inside, urged him to run yet he knew he couldn’t anymore. He was beyond exhausted.

“Dunno about that,” He managed an awkward, lopsided grin. It didn’t sound much like the stranger was about to dial 999 but things could turn quickly, he’d learned that much from life. Aubrey watched with baited breath as the stranger tapped a nail to his chin.

“Police?” He shrugged. “No idea.”

Wide eyed, Aubrey barely heard what the stranger said next. When it finally sank in that he wasn’t being arrested after all, it hit him and he blinked. “You’re really buying me food?” He murmured, utterly confused by the concept. What kind of a person bought food for someone who had essentially just mugged them.

Mugged… the word made him feel all sick and guilty inside.

“Uhm… Aubrey. You?”

This all felt so strange. He’d never come into direct contact with someone he’d thieved from- they never even knew he was there and sometimes, he didn’t even know who they were. It all depended on whether or not his disorder had come into it: in those cases all he saw was something he wanted, no- something he needed to take in order to feel good again. It never lasted long before the guilt overwhelmed him.

“And uh, there’s food places everywhere pretty much. Expensive, though. Never been anywhere except McDonalds.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Jul 17 2014, 08:12 PM
idris lewellyn

You will surely drown

Rissa blinked, pausing mid step. "Of course I'm buying you food." He pursed his lips. "Why would I lie about feeding you?" A grin spread as he giggled, poking Aubrey's stomach. "You're pretty thin yourself, I'm sure you could use a big meal." Not that he was one to talk. His hips were so slender a supermodel would be jealous--and he did eat properly.

"I'm Idris." He pointed a thumb to his chest and winked. Lank, drenched hair clung to his cheeks and neck, and he never looked more like a wet dog. But being soaked didn't bother Rissa a bit now that he had a wonderful new little friend to talk to. Rissa's mood was so easily brightened, a butterfly could flit past him and he'd make a day of dancing and flinging his arms up and down like a butterfly. He was that easy.

Too easy, some would say.

"No cheap foods for us." Idris leaned down conspiritorially and tugged Aubrey toward the direction of a few fancy looking restaurants. "Don't you worry about money, that's why I'm buying lunch remember?" The streets weren't so packed as a Friday afternoon but on the flip side Londoners didn't stay home just because it rained. There were plenty walking around the area, though it was dreary out and the ground was slippery. Rissa was lucky he hadn't toppled onto his ass during their chase scene, his high heels were very cruel when they wanted to be.

"Now, Aubrey. Choose whatever place looks like it'll have the tastiest food. Anywhere you like!" He beamed. "We'll have a fantastic lunch, sound good?"

PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Aug 14 2014, 07:03 AM
aubrey whitney

“Well, it’s just…” He trailed off awkwardly, the guilt written all over his face as he heaved a sigh, his voice quieter as he finished the sentence in a near-mumble: “I tried to steal from you. People don’t usually… I mean, you shouldn’t be nice to me, what I did was wrong.” While Andrew had failed in many areas of Aubrey’s upbringing on account of the alcohol, he had managed to at least instil a sense of right and wrong in his child during his more sober moments: likely on account of his career. While Aubrey’s unfortunate disorder (hitherto unknown by his father and friends, due to Aubrey keeping it quiet) kept him in an unhealthy habit of stealing from people and places around him, he knew instinctively that it was wrong. This was the first time in a long while that he’d chosen to steal… and thankfully, had quickly backtracked on the decision. Yet he couldn’t help but wonder, if this man hadn’t chased him… would he have given the money back?

The poke to his stomach stopped the thoughts from continuing in his mind and he managed another lop-sided, uncertain smile. “I am hungry,” he admitted- but it felt wrong, he shouldn’t be relying on this stranger to buy him food after what he’d done. But he seemed adamant, and Aubrey wasn’t altogether sure he could change his mind.

Even then, he wasn’t really certain he wanted to.

“Well um, it’s nice to meet you Idris! Even if… well, it wasn’t under the best circumstances. I really am sorry, you know. It’s not me. That is, it’s not something I’d usually do.”

He was gaining a little of his usual confidence back in the comforting, reassuring aura that Idris radiated- and yet it still felt wrong. He shouldn’t be allowed to be confident, he should be cowering and begging for forgiveness… and yet he already had been given it, it seemed. It was such an alien experience, yet he knew when to stop questioning- when to stop looking the gift horse in the mouth. He was getting a free lunch, and providing this wasn’t all some con in order to kidnap him and steal his organs or sell him on an underground slave market- he should let himself enjoy it.

Go with the flow.

He’d never been treated to an expensive meal outside of very special occasions and even then, they (he and Andrew, though that number had once included his mother) could rarely afford it. So he’d be lying if he said he didn’t feel excited at the prospect as Idris steered him toward the fancier restaurants available to them. In some ways, he felt a lot like the Oliver Twist he and Bailey so often teasingly called their friend. “It sounds amazing,” he confessed- smiling nervously as he looked back at the row of places. Eventually he couldn’t take it anymore, their names all unfamiliar to him save for one…

Patisserie Valerie? Um, I remember my mum talking about it once. She said it was really nice.”

this post is for idris and is a beautiful 511 words long. Other than that, I have to say ;-; baby . thank you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
idris lewellyn
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 06:01 PM
idris lewellyn

You will surely drown

Idris waved off Aubrey's worries. "But you gave my stuff back. Why would I hold it against you when you're such a nice kid?" He preferred to see the good in everyone, especially considering how horrible some people could be. But if you really believe in people, good things will always happen. At least, that's how Rissa felt. "You could have taken off with my purse and never looked back. You didn't. So I want to treat you for your kindness."

Idris clasped Aubrey about the shoulders and squeezed. "Cheer up, kid. Everyone makes mistakes, it's part of life." Truth be told, Rissa had accidentally stolen a few things when he first showed up in London. He didn't understand the point of currency, nor did he realize shops filled with clothes weren't simply all access passes to enormous closets. One time he was chased down six blocks over a dress he had swiped from a mannequin. He'd stolen unintentionally, unlike the kid. But Aubrey was showing so much remorse and concern over what he'd done Rissa didn't doubt for a second he was a good kid at heart. "Valerie huh?" The other word was a mouthful. Rissa didn't trust that he could say it without mucking it up.

"Sounds delicious to me. Let's do it." Rissa whirled in the direction of the sign, dragging Aubrey along for the ride. "I bet your mom has good taste. Shall we see what they're serving?" A big smile spread across his mouth. What a pleasant change in his previously unfortunate start to the day. He made a new friend and they were going to lunch. Could things get any better than this?

PMEmail
^
aubrey whitney
 Posted: Oct 19 2014, 03:16 PM
aubrey whitney

The strangers capacity for forgiveness appeared to eclipse even his own and he blinked with confusion, soon giving way to a warm smile. It was refreshing, for someone to forgive a fault as easily as he himself would. Andrew was capable, but with Whiskey in his system any slight failing- real or imaginary, would be hounded upon until he either lost interest or energy… whichever happened first, and Aubrey was so hard on himself that even the encouragement of others like Bailey or Miss S escaped him, even seeming false at times but with Idris, this newfound friend… it didn’t feel like that. It felt altogether genuine, as though talking with a child incapable of duplicity. Not that he’d ever accuse Bailey or Shannon of lying of course, he doubted they ever would- but somehow this was different. Almost otherworldly in how simple it all seemed suddenly.

“Well, um… thank you. I swear, I didn’t want to steal- I never do, it’s just… sometimes I can’t help it. I feel like I have to, but I don’t… and I always feel really shitty after so…” He trailed off, offering a meek smile and a shrug of his shoulders. “Thank you, for being so nice about it. Not everybody is and I mean, I don’t blame them but… yeah, thanks.”

Finding himself suddenly dragged he scrambled to keep up on his own two feet. He wasn’t a short kid, far from it really- he towered over most of his friends much like his father but Idris eclipsed his height entirely, and he had to walk quickly to keep up with the others lengthy strides.

“She does…” He murmured quietly, refusing to let emotion overwhelm him. He didn’t need to get into that, didn’t want to further darken this strangers day. No, he wouldn’t discuss his mother- wouldn’t mention how she had had good taste before she’d walked out on him. No, there was no need and it would only spoil his own day, too. “Well they’ve always got cake, if that helps. Or so I’ve been told.”

Glancing over the array of little cakes in the window as they went through the door, he couldn’t help but grin. If nothing else… there was definitely cake.

this post is for idris and is a beautiful 511 words long. Other than that, I have to say ;-; baby . thank you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.