Add Reply
New Poll

trouble is as trouble does, Tag: Bailey
lael roane
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 05:09 PM
Every breathe that is in your lungs, is a tiny little gift to me.
25Humansart teacher33 postsapplicationplotting
lael roane

Lael had finished with her last class of the day, which meant there were still a few hours left, which normally she spent eating and working on her own projects or grading, or other teacher-ly things. She was wearing her brightly colored hair in half up french braided pigtials, allowing the other half to fall in natural crazy waves. She had a blue tear drop head piece she’d gotten from India on her head and her usual array of multi-layered bracelets and necklaces. She wore a simple black tank top pair with dark khaki green cargo pants and black combat boots. Surprisingly enough her clothing was quite clean of paint, which is a rarity all its own.

She popped her head into the teacher’s lounge where the fridge was stationed and held her bento box. She had her head in the fridge a pair of chopsticks in her mouth when she heard a few of the teachers whispering about one of her students. The name Bailey Blodwen made Lael’s ears perk up. She grabbed her bento box and shut the door to the fridge. She heard mention that the girl was taken to the Head Master’s office, but Lael didn’t wait around to hear what happened. She knew the feisty young woman and truly believed the girl was misunderstood. Yes, she would get in trouble…often due to a foul mouth or some physical alteration. But Lael knew the girl was good, and refused to let others try to label her as a troublemaker or no good.

Lael blew past the desk of the Head Master’s secretary with a wave and opened the door to the room as the Head Master’s voice was beginning to raise up. Chopstick’s still in her mouth, Lael calmly gave him a wave and shut the door behind her. She moved to sit in the seat next to Bailey, attempting to smile around the chopsticks. When she remembered they were in her mouth she took them out and greeted everyone. ”Afternoon Head Master, Ms. Kenzington, Bailey.” She looked to each of them in turn. Her presence obviously upset Ms. Kenzington as the older woman huffed a bit and crossed her arms. The Head Master didn’t seemed so upset by her arrival, as he gave her a once over then smiled.

Lael waved her hand for them to continue on, opening her bento box and taking out a delicious smelling sushi roll with her chopsticks. She popped it in her mouth then glanced up, realizing no one was talk. She waved her hand again at Ms. Kenzington, earning a grunt of annoyance. ”Continue on Ms. Kenzington, don’t let me interrupt you. I’m just here to make sure Bailey get’s her side heard.” She smiled brightly at the woman. The woman stuttered out a response of indignation that Lael ignored.

Lael sighed and turned her attention to Ms. Kenzington, ”Oh calm you’re britches, I’m sure whatever it was that Bailey did or said was unnecessary in it’s…well…just a bit unnecessary. But I also happen to know that you egg the girl on. I’ve watched how you treat some of your students, the ones who don’t appreciate attempts at authority. So while Bailey probably shouldn’t have done what she did, whatever it may be, I’m willing to bet a paycheck you’re not innocent in all this.” She shook her chopsticks at the indignant older woman, who was turning redder by the moment. ”Oh, I like that shade of red.” She said, her eyes lighting up. She leaned over to Bailey, ”Bailey, try to remember what it looks like so we can reproduce that. I’m thinking mostly red, a bit of blue to add the slight purple hue…oh, and perhaps a little black to give it that slightly off shade.” A grunt from the Head Master made Lael sit up straight. ”Sorry, you know how I get about colors.” She laughed.

”Ms. Roane, this is a bit unprofessional. I appreciate your care for the students, but Bailey is in the wrong and she needs to be reprimanded. Now Ms. Kenzington thinks…” He stopped when he saw Lael open her mouth and she knew this was to allow her to speak. She found it fascinating he gave her such leeway, but she was not to look a gift horse in the mouth. ”You’re absolutely right Head Master. I’m sure detention is what Ms. Kenzington has suggested, it seems to be her favorite punishment…that is unless you beginning allowing the rod.” She grinned, and the Head Master muffled a chuckle. ”So I’d like to volunteer. I have a lot of work in my classroom that needs to be done, hard grueling labor that will take forever if I’m alone…but that would be a good use of Bailey’s detention. Plus…it’s character building work, and I know how strongly you feel about students getting proper character building.” She popped another sushi roll into her mouth as she watched him think over what she said.

Ms. Kenzington tried to come up with an argument, saying that she was the offended party and should dole out the detention. But it only proved to show what Lael had said about her, that she had it out for Bailey, in a sense. So finally the Head Master nodded his head. ”Okay, Miss Blodwen will serve her detention under Ms. Roane’s supervision. Ms. Kenzington, you have classes to teach, I suggest you go back to your class and let me take care of this.” He made a shooing gesture to Ms. Kenzington, successfully dismissing her. He then turned his attention to Bailey. ”As for you, consider yourself lucky you’ve got a guardian angel in Ms. Roane here. I don’t know how she got word you were here, but I’m sure her grueling work will be not nearly as horrible as what Ms. Kenzington had planned. So you’re in luck, because I’m feeling merciful. But watch your step young lady, because I’m not always in a good mood and Ms. Roane may not always be able to sweet talk you out of trouble. As for the detention, no less than three hours.” He turned back to Lael as she was standing up. ”I appreciate you taking over detention for Miss Blodwen. Make sure to put the girl to work, she isn’t completely innocent in this as you may think.”

Lael nodded and moved to the door, gesturing with her hand that held the chopsticks for Bailey to follow suit. ”You know me, ever the strict authoritarian!” She grinned as the Head Master chuckled. She was exactly sure why he let her get away with so much, but for some reason he did. Still, gift horse and all that. ”Come on Bailey, let’s get your punishment underway!”

tag: bailey
###
girl...you'sa troublemaker! xoxo
made by jazmine at caution 2.0
time out!
PM
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Aug 6 2014, 08:37 PM
N/A
16HumansPunkass Kid46 postsapplicationplotting
bailey blodwen

Let the flames begin

Okay, Bailey deserved it. Most days she'd wave it off as a misunderstanding or clam up and act like nothing happened even as the Headmaster tore her a new one. Detentions were old hat now, no matter how much Ms. Bitchington liked to assign them for ever more outrageous accusations. She didn't even mind doing a little work, though that horrible woman was seriously out for her. Bay had a sneaking suspicion the old bat was a lesbian in serious need of some loving - or maybe she was so homophobic it physically made her ill to look at Bailey. Probably a mixture of both.

But it wasn't completely her fault this time.

Bitchington taught advanced history, which Bailey was surprisingly good at even though she refused to pay attention in class. Ms. Bitchington decided to make class 'fun' and allow the students to choose the topics to discuss. Bay was the first hand to shoot up and the last person to be called, after a very painstaking, "anyone else?" Of course she brought up the topic of gay marriage. Why shouldn't she? The US was fighting over it for the past decade, it was a very important topic for this day and age. Bitchington was not pleased.

"Some students need to learn what is and isn't appropriate for class discussion. Things like homosexual relationships, for instance." Bitchington glared at Bay specifically and filled the room with a pregnant pause so everyone knew who she was talking to. "These topics aren't acceptable in this classroom or this school. It is blasphemous and vile and no one should bring up the topic or participate in acts of homosexuality within school walls." Again she glared down Bailey who admittedly had been caught on a number of occasions shifting some pretty girl or another in the hallway, usually right outside Bitchington's room. Not on purpose or anything.

But hearing those words spoken out loud by the biggest bitch slash hypocrite Bailey had ever met shoved her over the cliff faster than insulting her pops would have. She shoved her chair to the floor with a clatter, Bay stood up so quickly. "Some ignorant individuals will discriminate based on such stupid misconceived faults and only further the stupidity in this country." Ms. Kenzington harrumphed loud enough to startle the students in the front row.

"Miss Blodwen sit down immediately. If you speak out of turn again you'll have a spot saved in detention for the next week." Instead of sitting down like a normal person might, Bailey stepped away from her desk and stalked to the front of the classroom. "Your uncouth attitude is exactly why there's such a high level of suicide among impressionable teens. You have no right to tell anyone how to feel or who to love. Just because it's been a while since someone rolled around in the sheets with you is no excuse to degrade students over some baseless, ignorant homophobia."

Ms. Kenzington had stood there staring, mouth agape. Her floundering fish mouth flopped for a full minute while the students around them tittered. Bailey could tolerate a lot of bullshit but Ms. Kenzington constantly pushed her and this time she'd gone too far. "M-miss Blodwen go to the headmaster's office! You are disrupting my class and your vulgarity will not be tolerated." Bitchington finally found her voice and Bay's eyes narrowed. "Vulgarity, I'll show you vulgarity." Without missing a beat, she pulled the petite blonde junior out of her seat and gave her a serious macking, in full view of the entire classroom - and less than three feet from Ms. Kenzington. "sorry," bay whispered, giving the girl a wink. "I'll call you." With a cheer from the other students bay stomped out of the room and waited for the loudspeaker to call her to the head master's office...which didn't take very long.

Which brought bailey back to the present, with Kenzington glaring daggers and the headmaster shaking his head. Bay sat up straight in her chair, refusing to back down. She'd been in the wrong action wise but bitchington was the problem here not her.

And then Lael swirled into the room with a sparkle and a spicy smelling sushi meal. Bay's nose twitched in appreciation and she leaned closer to that tasty smelling food. What? She skipped lunch okay. But hunger was forgotten immediately in the face of Lael's sudden outbursts and demand for Bailey's detention slot. Her mouth hung open when Lael delivered those insulting blows to bitchington and she couldn't stop the huge, smug smile splayed across her face.

Lael didn't have to ask twice, bailey was up on her feet and running out the door with a wave to the headmaster before Kenzington could start her probably long-winded insults and demand for Lael's two week notice and Bay's expulsion. "Thanks for that, Ms. Roane. You're the best." She laughed now that she was free of Bitchington's glare. That was brilliant, I would have given you a standing ovation if Bit--Kenzington wouldn't have crucified me on the front lawns." She slowed to a leisurely stroll. Even if Roane had a crap ton of work to do, theyd kick it with loud music and a lot of paint.

Bailey sucked at art, but she loved colors--something Ms. Lael and her shared. And Lael was the only reason bay wasn't flunking Art--even though the last project she submitted was created by lobbing someone else's hand-shaped pot at the wall and gluing spray painted pieces to a canvas. Damn, she loved that class. "So what do we have in store for 'serious detention time'?"

[[So sorry that was so long xDDD bay just kind of got away from me here, she was mad I kept her locked up so long. Also I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Lael is brilliant and I love her already <33333]]

tag: lael // notes: notes go here ya.
( © eli. )
PM
^
lael roane
 Posted: Aug 16 2014, 05:34 PM
lael roane

Lael had seen Bailey eyeing her sushi, and held it out for her as they walked. ”Not a problem Bailey…but you know he’s right. I just got lucky. Overheard a few of the other teachers gossiping in the lounge while I was grabbing my lunch.” She had to get the teacherly advice out of the way. While Lael was more of a youth at heart, she still was an adult-type and authority figure, yuck, and had to act like it sometimes. It wasn’t too often, but she’d do it when she had to.

Lael snorted at Bailey’s almost slip of Kenzington’s running nickname. She’d heard a lot of the students use it, most frequently Bailey though. It was fitting. Lael rarely disliked people, but Kenzington was one of them. ”Not many people ruffle my feathers, but that woman is one of them.” she admitted. ”She’s just got a muddy aura…I honestly have no idea why she teaches, she doesn’t even enjoy it! And that just makes things miserable for her students.” Lael was passionate about teaching and it often showed. It was one of the reasons she had nearly unending patience for students. They were there to learn, and making mistakes was part of learning. So when her students screwed up, they often didn’t get in trouble as long as no one was hurt and the student learned from the experience.

Lael laughed at the standing ovation, ”Could you imagine her face if you had?! It would have probably popped like a giant purple balloon!” she laughed. ”But, as amusing as it would have been, probably best you didn’t. She looked close to an heart attack as it was. Can you imagine my audacity?” she winked, ”Stealing away her chance to torture…I mean, discipline you?” She shook her head. ”That woman has it out for you…” she gave Bailey a knowing look, ”But something tells me, you enjoy egging her on anyways. She tried to hide her smile but failed.

When the mention of their task came up Lael thought a moment. There was a lot to do, but what took priority. ”Well…there’s a lot of clay to clean up. So that’ll be first…then we need to empty out the kiln and clean up anything that broke in there. I’ll give you a box to keep any of the broken pieces for your next project.” She winked at Bailey. The girl really seemed to enjoy throwing the fragile ceramic at hard surfaces. ”It’s mostly the pottery…but we need to organize some of the supplies and make a list of what I need more of. Those are the big things…if we still have time…well, I’ll figure something out.” she laughed.

Finally her curiosity got the best of her though and she look sideways at Bailey as they walked. ”So…I didn’t wait around in the lounge to hear what you did…what was it? Kenzington was in a frenzy! And you seriously had the other teachers in awe. I mean, they are mostly muck-rakers but they were all shocked. So I gotta know…what was it?” She ate her sushi as they walked down the halls towards the art room. It was oddly graceful how she could walk, eat, and give Bailey her undivided attention, all without tripping over her feet or running into anything. She was a master multitasker.

Soon after the question, they arrived at the room and she opened the door for Bailey to go inside. It was deserted but the mess she’d spoken of was obvious. First thing was first though, Lael made space on one of the tables and set her bento box down and perched on one of the stools, motioning for Bailey to follow suit. She had a feeling Bailey may not have eaten yet…or if she had, it probably wasn’t enough. Bailey was a very active young woman, so without hesitation, Lael motioned for Bailey to help herself. Lael kept snacks in her office, she was nibbler, rarely sitting down long enough for a full meal. ”Alright, Lady Fierce, spill.” She demanded, a smirk pulling at her lips. Lael often gave nicknames to her favorite students, it was out of habit. She nicknamed her favorite people and since she spent so much time with students, some of them got nicknames. Bailey had a few, depending on the girl’s attitude. Lady Fierce was one that Lael used when Bailey was showing more spunk than usual.

###
time out!
PM
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 08:28 PM
N/A
bailey blodwen

Let the flames begin

Bay snagged the offered sushi bite and popped it into her mouth. Delicious. And a good way to stall. She'd been getting into trouble in increasing amounts lately. Lael had a point. She could have been expelled today if Lael hadn't stepped up. Which really just made Bailey all the more appreciative of her fantastic teacher. "Then it's lucky for me to have such an awesome teacher to stick up for me." She grinned. "And I have a habit of getting lucky at just the right time." She tried not to smirk at the accidental double entendre, focusing instead on putting one foot in front of the other. "She's got a stick shoved so far up--" Bay mumbled, stopping before saying anything particularly insulting. "I think she takes pleasure in tormenting students, why else would she work a crap job she hates?" What a bad way to live life, doing something you hated every day.

"Or maybe she likes having two months off during summer break." Also a valid reason. Bay would consider being a teacher if it meant having a summer vacation every year. But she already had plans. Maybe she shot too high to be sensible but still. At least she had hopes, right? And a goal for life. "Kenzington never liked me, and I'm pretty sure she'll be gunning for you too now. Sorry." Bay grinned. She was apologetic to an extent. Only for Lael. In her opinion, Bitchington could shove it and go suck an egg. Bay didn't give a damn. "I don't go out of my way to piss her off, if that's what you mean." Bay sidestepped the implication that she did things specifically to get on Kenzington's nerves. Only when the bitch had it coming!

"Sounds fun." Bay actually enjoyed spending time in the art room. She sucked at actual artwork but shattering random stuff and throwing paint on a canvas was a helluva way to pass the time at school. And Lael had proven she was an amazing teacher a hundred times over. Especially today. "I'd much rather serve a months' worth of detentions with you than an hour with that sycophant." Bay kept silent for the rest of the trip to Lael's classroom, especially concerning what happened with Kenzington. While she had been absolutely enraged at the time...it wasn't the best show of character that she'd lashed out in front of the teacher.

And there was that little show of pda with that girl in class. Probably not something she should have done. Though she did get that girl's number between stomping out of the classroom and being called into the Headmaster's office. When they reached the art room and holed up at one of the tables, Bailey sighed. "Well." She snagged a bit of food and chewed, enjoying the spice and surprising sweetness. "Kenzington made some really disrespectful accusations about gay people--and directed all of her vulgar attitude at me, for the whole class to see. And when I say at me, I mean she was spitting at me with her closeminded bitchington attitude." Bay shrugged, taking another bite before continuing.

"So I may have responded in kind. And I might have pushed it a bit far..." Bailey was sort of proud of how she stood up for her rights, especially being called out like that. But it wasn't the most honorable way to go. "So what if I made a rude comment about her dry spell...and gave a little presentation with a pretty girl...Kenzington shouldn't act like a righteous bi--evangelist to kids who are already struggling with their own identities." Bay jutted out her chin. She wasn't going to apologize for what she'd done. Hell, she could have gone even further if she wanted to. "Whatever, I can't wait to be done with this semester and get out of that psycho's classroom. I pity all the new students who have no idea what they're in store for."

( © eli. )
PM
^
lael roane
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 03:03 PM
lael roane

Lael had to keep from snorting with amusement at Bailey’s innuendo regarding luck. It was true though. Bailey had a knack for getting into trouble and right on out of it. ”You must have done something to please Lady Luck…maybe she has a crush on you.” she winked, knowing good and well there were a few girls who had a thing for Bailey. It wasn’t hard to see why, Bailey was a charismatic individual. She gave of a glow of confidence and fierceness that drew people to her, whether she realized it or not. If you happened to make it on Bailey’s good list, you were pretty much guaranteed a loyal friend. It was one of the reasons Lael liked Bailey. She could respect her, even if she didn’t know when to bite her tongue. She was honest and told it like it was. Blunt but with a good heart, which was always a plus in Lael’s book.

Lael grinned as Bailey cut off her statement regarding Kenzington. Lael had often thought the same thing. She shook her head at the reasoning Bailey came up with as to why the woman could possibly continue teaching. ”Honestly I couldn’t tell you. We aren’t on very friendly terms…but even then, none of those reasons are good enough to be a teacher. If you don’t love the job, then there is no point in doing it! Even for summer breaks or anything like that. Teachers are in charge of helping to shape student’s futures! If you don’t love it…well…you get the point.” she laughed. It was one of the topics she was passionate about. She firmly believed that you shouldn’t teach because it’s easy but because it’s what you want to do. A good teacher can make all the difference in a student’s life and future. That’s why she was so fond of Shannon. Even though she was a Teacher’s Assistant, she still had more passion for helping the students than Kenzington had by far. It was also why Lael respected her so much and always loved having her help with her classes. If Lael needed a class covered, she always demanded it be Shannon. She didn’t trust anyone else with her students.

”She has a penchant for disliking individuals who don’t conform. I was on her shit list the moment I walked through these doors. So don’t worry about me. I know how to handle her.” she said with a smile. It was true, Kenzington had never been her biggest fan. She’d tried to tell Lael how to teach her class, even though their subjects were completely different, and she’d suggested Lael change her hair. Needless to say, they hadn’t hit it off from the get-go. Lael nodded as Bailey claimed not to annoy Kenzington on purpose. ”I believe you, but I also know you would never back down from a confrontation. And while you may not poke the bear, she has a habit of saying things that purposefully incite anger in those with strong opinions. You should have heard the conversation we had when she tried to tell me how to teach my class.” Lael shook her head but smirked. ”I don’t get angry…but I don’t back down either. So it was…educational, to say the least.” She laughed.

Lael smiled at Bailey as she proclaimed her preference for serving detention with her. She lifted a single finger to her lips. ”Sssh, don’t let word get out you enjoy it. It might ruin my reputation.” She winked. She always insisted the students claim her detention was rough, even if it wasn’t. That way when situations like this arose, she could do just what she did and step in. She tried to avoid favoritism…but she was a realist enough to know it happened no matter how hard you tried not to. There were certain students she was more protective of. Most of which were for her own reasons, but they were important. She tended to try and protect the outcasts, the ones she sensed needed the protection. Bailey, while she could hold her own, needed a level of protection and freedom, otherwise she was likely to drop out. Lael knew Bailey had endless possibilities and a great future ahead, as long as Lael could ensure that she wasn’t pushed off course by the likes of Kenzington.

Lael waited patiently as Bailey told her story. She was in the middle of reaching for a sushi roll when Bailey mentioned Kenzington making comments regarding homosexuality and directing it at Bailey. Lael’s peaceful demeanor dropped to one of an angry mama bear. Lael was easy going about nearly everything, but disrespect towards the LGBTQ community was a trigger for her. Lael, herself, identified as a bisexual with a strong preference for women. Among adults, comments didn’t go without a word or two from Lael…but towards youth?! Well that was beyond unacceptable.

The more Bailey explained, the more it was obvious Lael was furious. She was breathing slowly, taking calculated breaths, though her jaw was clenched. She swallowed slowly and set her chopsticks down. She watched Bailey, as she tried to do her calming techniques. Lael rarely became angry, but when she did, well…needless to say it wasn’t pretty.

Lael was so angry about what Kenzington had done that mention of Bailey’s response, while inappropriate, paled in comparison. ”That close-minded, righteous…ching-wah tsao duh liou mahng!” she cut her expletive off by switching to Mandarin. It was a habit she had gotten into while around children, to prevent cussing in front of them. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

When she was relatively centered she opened them and focused her pale eyes on Bailey. ”While your response may have been over the top, you shouldn’t have been attacked like that to begin with. She is supposed to be an adult! An educator! She doesn’t have to agree with everyone’s way of life but she has no right to shove her outdated and idiotic thoughts down student’s throats. And she most certainly has no right to single out a student, whether alone or in public!” She huffed. ”Believe me when I tell you, I will have her written up for this!” She paused and gave Bailey her full attention. ”I’m going to tell you something, and this is not to leave this classroom. I’m starting a…group, for lack of a better term. It’s still in the works but it’s basically a safety net for those who, as you said, are struggling with their identities. If ever, in the future, you come across something like this again. Whether it’s happening to you or someone else, please bring it straight to me. I’m working to ensure a safe place for students of all backgrounds and lifestyles. Things like this should not happen, and if they do…well, I fully intend to correct them.” She took another calming breath. ”My point is, you shouldn’t feel the need to defend yourself, not in a classroom and against an adult who should know better. So if anything happens again, tell me. Please. I will not stand for it, and I will not let it fly. Not under my watch!” she stood up and paced a few times, counting to ten in Mandarin.

When she turned back around, her demeanor was peaceful again and she smiled at Bailey. ”I’m sorry you had to see that. There are few things that bring that out in me…but, as I’m sure you can tell, that’s one of them. That’s why I’m working on the safe group. I’m simply calling it Haven, it’s for any student who feels attacked or singled out for either their life style, their beliefs, whatever. It’s a way to make them feel like they have a safe place to go, someone to go to. I was lucky enough to grow up with parents who accepted everything about me. But as I’ve grown up and travelled, I came to realize not all are so lucky. So I do what I can, where I can.” she gave her head a nod. That said she smiled again at Bailey.

”So…am I to take it you protested her hatred with a show of love? In true hippie fashion?” she grinned. Lael may have done something similar a time or two in the past.

###
time out!
PM
^
bailey blodwen
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 02:55 AM
N/A
bailey blodwen

Let the flames begin

Bailey let out a laugh, one hand on her cheek as she leaned onto the table. "Then Lady Luck should leave her number, I'd love to thank her." Thinking on it, Bay would truly love to thank Lady Luck, and not just to get into bed. Luck had given her a wonderful home and an amazing father. Luck had brought her great friends and a happy life. Luck allowed her to be the best that she was in boxing--and she also had a habit of helping Bay get out of trouble at any given moment. She'd never really had a huge consequence to pay for. She'd been suspended a few times, a light smack on the wrist by the police when she'd gotten into fisticuffs with a girl at a bar--where she'd been illegally drinking. "Yeah, if Lady Luck were around I'd thank her profusely." Bay smiled wistfully

Lael had an amazing talent. No matter how shitty the day, or how bad at art Bay was, Lael and her beautiful, colorful classroom could put a smile on Bailey's face. The only other people on this earth who could do that were Pops and Aubrey. That made Lael a very formidable and admirable person in Bay's book.

She shrugged in regards to bitchington. "Some people just hate the world and want to run it into the ground one classroom at a time, I guess." Bailey had met people like Kenzington. not exactly like her, but the kind of bigotry and self-righteousness that really got under Bailey's skin. When she usually met someone like that, there was a lot of fist-on-face action. But she couldn't duke it out with Kenzington to settle the score. That was probably why Bay was so easily riled by that vile woman. "I wish people who did go into teaching were all more like you, less like that monstrous woman. Maybe then we'd enjoy school more." She commented, thinking on it.

Hilarious image. Kenzington's face the first time she saw Lael's hair. Bay grinned, toothy and amused. "I bet she nearly fainted. And then immediately told you 'that's inappropriate for teachers, dye your hair immediately or you will influence the children'," she leaned forward and dropped her voice to a whisper, "into believing they're allowed to do it too. Could you imagine the anarchy of colored hair?'" she gave a false, but very realistic, Bitchington sneer and shook her hair. Bursting out laughing, she shook her head. "That woman is a psychopath. She needs some serious help. Or a very expensive escort."

There weren't words to describe the disgust Bay felt at any time while thinking about or being near Kenzington. That was just harsh reality. "i don't know who she thinks she is to tell other teachers how to run their classrooms. And no, I don't back down especially when people like her try to destroy kids who already are afraid of saying hi in the hallway, much less be open about who they are and what they dream of becoming." She shook her head. "Wish I was there when she tried to tell you how to teach. I'd love to see her speechless and going purple in the face because of someone other than me." It wasn't that no one else challenged Kenzington, though it didn't happen often.

It was more the fact that Kenzington singled out certain people and cultures, usually introverted students who couldn't stand up for themselves if they tried. But Kenzington picked the wrong period to attack her students--Bay would gut her own stomach before letting that woman harass kids. that's how she got on the shit list in the first place. "Teach, I gotta tell you--secret's out among the students. We all know you're a pushover." She teased, swiping another bite of sushi.

Bay hadn't meant to get Lael all tied up in her war with that psycho. It wasn't her style to bring in other people for firepower, she'd rather handle everything on her own so no one else was caught in the crossfire. But as she talked to Lael and the whole story spilled out, she was just too angry to think about it. Simply remembering that morning had her stomach tight and her chest constricted. She wanted to hit something. Preferably bitchington. Though he lip quirked up hearing foreign cusswords. She mentally took note of how they sounded to look them up later--cursing in Kenzington's class might prove interesting now.

What Bay hadn't anticipated was Lael's vehement response. Her eyes widened as Lael went on, even talking about writing Kenzington up. Bay opened her mouth to say something, anything to calm Lael down, when the conversation of the group came up. Bay was nodding before Lael had even finished speaking. "Count me in." She leaned on the table, both elbows on the surface and her chin on her knuckles. "I don't need looking after when people try to pick on me. But I want to be there for other kids. I'm tough, I can take a few whiny, homophobic insults. I'd rather protect other kids who need it and don't have the support at home or in their social lives." Her mind was already turning, gears grinding loudly as they thought up plans. Events, a mental list of kids to seek out and invite to the meeting. Abbey would go certainly--only because Bay would ask him for the support, not because he needed it.

"It's alright, I get it. Pops is absolutely supportive of everything I do, no matter what. But I know plenty of people who don't have that luxury. Kids who were taught to hate themselves for something so stupid as orientation. That's something that pisses me off too, I would go to war over something like this. I would hunt down every horrible homophobic parent who abuses their children, mentally or physically, and beat them into a pulp so they know how it feels to be helpless and afraid." Bailey breathed out hard, digging her fingers into her palms. She'd sat up straight, teeth clenched as she spoke. Damn. It really was a touchy subject for her.

But as always Lael managed to bring a smile to her face. "It was very hippie style, if I do say so myself. Spread the love, equality, peace. All that jazz." She winked. Yeah, there had been a little tongue too. That might make Lael uncomfortable, though.

( © eli. )

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.