Add Reply
New Poll

look around round round, tag you're it: amelie/nine
zahirah mcnair-noble
 Posted: Oct 27 2014, 11:00 PM
ANGELS WATCHING OVER ME WITH SMILES UPON THEIR FACE, COZ I HAVE MADE IT THROUGH THIS FAR IN AN UNFORGIVING PLACE, IT FEELS SOMETIMES THIS IS TOO STEEP FOR A GIRL LIKE ME TO CLIMB, BUT I MUST KNOCK THOSE GUARDS RIGHT DOWN I DO IT IN MY OWN TIME, I DON'T CARE, I'M HALF WAY THERE, ON A ROAD THAT LEADS ME STRAIGHT TO WHO KNOWS WHERE... I TELL YOU WHAT, WHAT I HAVE FOUND, THAT I'M NO FOOL, I'M JUST UPSIDE DOWN. AIN'T GO NO PAIN, I AIN'T GOT NO RULES, I THINK I LIKE, LIVING UPSIDE DOWN
24AlicesDANCER158 postsapplicationplotting
zahirah mcnair-noble

TAG: DORMOUSE | WORD COUNT: 584 | OUTFIT: HERE | NOTES: THIS SHOULD BE ENTERTAINING~
Zahirah was so tired. Tired of worrying about Dom, tired of being angry with Nadine, tired of putting on a happy face for everyone and pretending like nothing was wrong when internally her fucking world was falling apart. The stress of it all was wearing her incredibly thin and she wasn't sure how much longer she was going to last before she snapped. So she'd retreated to her Wonderland home, which now felt achingly empty without anyone to pop in and out at random moments. It hadn't taken long for Zee to grow restless from so much time alone. Silence was nice every once in a while, but it could also be dangerous, and she knew that if she started down that trail again, it wouldn't be as easy to pull herself back as it had been the last time. Without Nads, she had no one to metaphorically slap her out of her funk.

"I need someone to talk to..." She announced to the ceiling above her, pushing herself up off the couch she'd been sprawled across and padding to her room. Opening her wardrobe, she brushed through the handful of dresses she'd managed to acquire since becoming an Alice, fingers dancing over the various fabrics. Zahirah had noticed the faint chill of approaching autumn creeping into the air the past few days, and she wanted something that would keep her warm. Selecting a black dress that was belted at the waist and had been gifted to her by a Wonderlander along with what the woman had called a pelerine, she tugged off the oversized shirt she liked to wear when she was just lounging around her cottage and wriggled into the dress, the lack of a zipper making it a bit more challenging than usual.

Once she had the dress on, Zee slid her feet into her dance pumps, braided her hair, swiped on a bit of lipstick and mascara, and put on some jewelry. After a moment's consideration, she put the pelerine on as well. The last thing she wanted to do was not wear the outfit in its entirety and wind up inadvertently insult the Wonderlander who'd gifted it to her. Besides, she had no idea how long she'd be out, and the weather tended to cool considerably once the sun went down. Tucking the soft fur flush against the back of her neck, Zahirah stepped outside and pulled the door closed behind her, making yet another mental note to talk to Jenna about getting some kind of lock put on it, even if there wasn't much worth stealing in her cottage aside from the handful of books she'd brought from London.

However, that's not what she was worried about. She was more interested in keeping out the curious Wonderlanders who thought there was absolutely nothing wrong with entering someone else's home without knocking or at least announcing their presence. Zee had come out of the kitchen the other day and discovered a young boy idly wandering around in her lounge, and even though he was just a kid, it had nearly scared the life out of her to see a stranger in her house. Shaking the memory away, she headed for the Caterpillar Forest. It was the only part of Wonderland she had yet to see aside from the beach, and unlike anyplace close to the Palace, there was no risk of running into someone she currently didn't want to see. Hopefully. Oh, what a mess her life had become...

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.