Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Into the violet skies, TAGGED::RUBY~
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 07:47 PM
I wasn't always this way, I used to be the one with the halo. But that disappeared when I had my first taste and fell from grace, it left me in this place. Now I'm starting to think maybe you like it. I'm not an angel
22WonderlandersQueen55 postsapplicationplotting
rhiannon lowell

All that dies is born again

One great thing about the recently exiled, presumed dead Queen. She had a great taste for decor.

The exquisite garden had carefully groomed hedges nearly four feet high; paths cut through delicate rosebushes and hand-sculpted sculptures of white marble veined with gold hues. Extravagance disguised ever so subtly--as in not at all. The previous Queen wielded her wealth and power with violence and a reckless abandon. Even her garden screamed obsessive compulsive with a slap of well-deserved vanity.

Despite most Wonderlanders' opinions on Sienna, no one could argue against her taste. Rhiannon was one such Wonderlander who could appreciate Sienna's iron hold on her country as well as her love of roses. Rhea paused to reach across the hedge to grasp a rose mid-bloom. The center was tightly clamped but the outer petals had begun to splay out around its core, sweet fragrance permeating the air. Smooth, velvety petals ran along Rhea's fingertips as she released the bloom. Beautiful. One thing that wouldn't change in her newly acquired Castle was the garden. Or the color choice.

As a child Rhiannon had been absolutely terrified of the Queen. Downright paralyzed with fear at the mere mention of her name. It hadn't gotten better as she grew older; she merely learned to control her reactions. But standing in that woman's garden, taking the castle as her own...it gave Rhea a thrill no drug or alcoholic beverage could provide. Not that she cared for chemicals. She perused down the cobbled path, drinking in the scents of the brilliant roses and enjoying the gentle breeze ghosting across her bare shoulders. She rarely wore styles of the human world but when she requested a handful of cards to stock her new bed chambers with desirable clothing they must not have understood her expectations. She'd see to it they understood next time. As it stood, her particularly light and flowing dress managed to snag her attention and delight her enough to wear anyway.

Besides, why shouldn't she wear what caught her eye now that she was to marry King Jack? She could resume the more classic Wonderland style tomorrow. For today she would enjoy her roses, bask in the beauty of her new life and not allow a care in the world to disturb her.

Or so she hoped.

Notes I hope it's not lame; 380 words; Rhea's outfit
Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 08:37 PM
Normal is an illusion...what is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
25WonderlandersMarch Hare157 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

Curiosity killed the cat...thank gods she was a rabbit! Ruby knew she shouldn't, wonderland on fire the war was just over and the old Queen was a scary mamma-jamma. Ruby giggled at the new word she'd added to her mental vocabulary, "Mamma-jamma...humans, such funny things they say!"

She ducked between some hedges, a small hole just big enough for her to squeeze through in bunny form. At the moment she was a small white rabbit with floppy ears and her natural pale blue eyes. She looked side to side, listening for any noise. It seemed the coast was clear, so she quickly changed into that of her human form.

She stood up and stretched for a moment, glorying in the way the sun felt on her bare skin. Then she reached down and pulled her rook sack from where she'd come through the hedges. It took a little tugging, but she finally got it through and quickly dressed. The outfit was simple. A pair of black mens pants, tight fitted, paired with one of her favorite little items from London, a black and purple striped corset. She pulled on a pair of boots that went mid-calf and allowed the pants to be tucked into them. Then a cream long sleeve button up shirt she'd stolen from Castiel's closet finished off the look. She left the shirt open and fluffed her hair. True it wasn't traditional ladies wear in Wonderland, but when had that ever stopped Ruby?

Hair de-twigged and clothing on straight, she began to exploration. She'd woken up in Wonderland and found herself rather bored. In a moment of pure genius, she'd decided to explore a place she'd only ever heard of...the Palace Gardens. The only Queen was dead, and with things just settling down, she figured now was the best time. How she'd come to that conclusion, she didn't really care to think. It just sounded right in her head.

Ruby just hummed softly to herself, a strange tune she'd heard a kid singing at Castiel's work, as she wandered the paths, sniffing the roses. "Little bunny Foo-foo went hopping' through the forest...scoopin' up the....roses! And stickin' 'em in her hair!" She giggled as she altered the words, plucking one of the roses from a bush and sniffing it.

TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Yay!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 08:59 PM
I wasn't always this way, I used to be the one with the halo. But that disappeared when I had my first taste and fell from grace, it left me in this place. Now I'm starting to think maybe you like it. I'm not an angel
rhiannon lowell

Roses galore surrounded Rhiannon, and not a card or servant was to be seen. She wondered if it was partially the rumors going around about the new Queen to be or the fact that mid-morning employees had jobs to do and didn't run around gardens making a fuss. She didn't mind either way. Sometimes solitude was nice, especially as Rhea got used to her new accommodations. Who else could say they recently moved so far up the totem pole they were starting to get vertigo? Other than Jack himself of course. And even he only ascended a single level in the hierarchy.

The whisper of the breeze blended with the swish of dancing leaves. Humming bees punctuated the near silence with their own humble tunes. It was a day of leisure and relaxation. At least, it was until someone began singing a bastardized version of a childhood rhyme. Rhea's head whipped toward the sound, eyes narrowed as she peered around the nearly empty gardens. She had been sure not another soul roamed the foliage, since she could see all the way to the Palace grounds and up to the royal maze and had previously found nothing amiss. However, upon closer examination she spotted a young woman happily singing to herself a few hedges away.

When had she arrived? And why hadn't Rhiannon noticed?

Not one to assuage her curiosity with ignorance, Rhiannon glided closer toward the woman, cutting a path between hedge rows to stand a few yards away. "You know, stealing roses in the Queen's garden is a punishable offense." Rhea pointed out, tapping her chin with a crimson-painted nail. A small smile curled at the edges of her lips.

What an odd little creature, dolled up in the human garb. Though Rhiannon's own homage to London wasn't exactly subtle, at least she was wearing clothes of her own gender. And yet somehow the outfit worked for the petite girl, as thin as a flower stem and about as fragile-looking. But she was beaming and sniffing a stolen rose--probably not the best item to swipe while the future Queen was watching. But the girl had yet to reveal her potential use to Rhea, and she decided it was best to feel out the young lady.

She certainly wasn't a card, no identification was emblazoned on her clothes. Nor was she a servant - there was a certain uniform expected of employees and corsets wasn't one of them. Especially not purple and black ones. She could be any number of Wonderland creature - as well as a human given permission by the current king to reside in their fair world. Rhiannon didn't have magical powers, no bloodhound scent for human origins, no mystical ability to read auras or thoughts. Just a normal, clever girl sitting atop a stolen throne.

She needed all the weapons she could get, and who knew how useful the girl could be?

"Shall we find a more...private location before guards find your little treasure and bring you before the newly crowned King?" Rhea offered, hand outstretched to wave the girl closer. "Unless running from cards qualifies as entertainment to young girls such as yourself." She grinned. Not that she could estimate ages with Wonderlanders who could look the same for three hundred years. And not that she was one to talk, either, being truly twenty-two and considered a baby of the Wonderland world. She was barely old enough to remember a time before the curse had set in. She was not one to judge others by their ages.

Then again, she wasn't in a position to care altogether that much for what age another creature might be. It held no sway over her regardless of the number.

Notes Ramble ramble ramble; 622 words; Rhea's outfit

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 09:51 PM
ruby singer

Ruby jumped, gasping as a voice sounded near her. With her naturally super-enhanced hearing, she was rather ashamed and bothered that she hadn't heard the person approach. She should have been able to sense the woman was near before she spoke, but she was so enthralled by her song and the roses, she had been surprised.

Lucky for her it was a woman and not one of the cards. Not so lucky for her, it looked to be one of the wealthy types, who often looked down on the not so wealthy like herself.

Ruby quickly glanced at the rose in her hand before casually moving to hide it behind her back, as though that would make things better. She chewed on her bottom lip as she thought of something to say. Before she could come up with a clever excuse, the woman offered to find a more private place. "You want to take me someplace private?" She questioned allowed.

She looked over the woman, visibly sizing her up. She wasn't big, only a bit taller and had better boobs. This was obvious in the flawy gown the woman wore. Ruby glanced down at her boobs, though on the small size they were perky and looked quite nice in her corset.

Her attention was brought back to the beautiful woman who was insisting they go somewhere private. "First...it's just a rose." She paused and chewed her bottom lip again. "Not that I'm admitting to taking a rose...but if I did, which I might not have, but...there are lots of them."

She fiddled with the rose behind her back, finished sizing up the woman. She could take her in a fight, not that she'd fight fair, it was just that the woman was in a dress. And worse come to worse, Ruby could always change into a rabbit and hop the hell out of there. Though that would mean she would lose her favorite corset...but she'd just have to wait and see what happened.

"So...aren't you supposed to offer me candy or something before dragging me off somewhere private?" She asked, not trying to hide a smirk.

TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Yay!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 11:30 PM
rhiannon lowell

Apparently Rhea's offer came off a little more lewd than she had intended. She couldn't help but chuckle at the very thought. The light, ringing laugh was cut short - not polite to laugh at other people, even if their misunderstandings were amusing. Instead, she wandered closer, while keeping a reasonable distance. No reason to make the girl think she was creeping. Not really her style, especially since she was engaged.

"I merely offer to keep you under the nose of the cards. They aren't fans of trespassers, or thieves." She shrugged, smirking when the girl hid the rose behind her back. Definitely an intriguing girl. She could always order the woman to return the rose and vacate the premises but where was the fun in that?

"Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to steal a rose..." Rhiannon chewed her lip, amused. "Well, the red roses are the pride of the royal family. Her Majesty Sienna would have had an execution especially in your honor. Hypothetically." Rhea turned on her heel and walked down the path, away from the palace. Her palace. Funny world, this.

"I hadn't planned on bribing you or shuffling you into some creepy room with shiny tools to play with," Rhea called over her shoulder. "But hey if you prefer to play with the cards and spend the night in their luxurious dungeon be my guest. I'll send you a carrier pigeon to keep you company." She continued down the cobblestones, drawing her fingers over the hedges and enjoying the textured leaves beneath her fingertips. She did enjoy a stroll in the garden, though it would be more enjoyable with company. Especially amusing company with a penchant for stealing roses in the palace gardens.

"Do as you wish. I think I'll find a nice little alcove to waste away my afternoon." Not that the girl cared. But Rhea couldn't resist. Just who was this little thief?

Notes was that weird? it was weird right? *fails*; 317 words; Rhea's outfit
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 01:00 PM
ruby singer

Ruby smiled slightly when the woman laughed, but was bothered that it was cut short. She enjoyed making people smile, even if she wasn't quite sure why. Likely it was at her expense, but Ruby wasn't one for wounded pride.

The mention of the cards caused her to glance over her shoulder, checking. She really didn't want to be caught by a card. But it was the mention of the Red Queen that had Ruby's eye bulge and her body shiver involuntarily. She'd never been cause to anger the Red Queen, but that was because she stayed out of her way.

Ruby reached up with one hand, gingerly touching her neck. "I'm not one for big gatherings, unless I'm serving tea. I don't think we need to bother anyone with an execution. That's just so....time consuming," She swallowed. The idea of losing her head was not appealing, especially not over a rose.

Then to her utter surprise, the woman began walking away. Without thinking about it, Ruby went after her. It didn't take much to catch up to her. She matched her stride, though Ruby didn't glide as this woman did. Her steps were bouncier.

Ruby watched the woman, her head cocked to the side, curiosity plain on her face. She brought the rose from behind her back and sniffed it, then tucked it in her hair behind her ear. "I like shiny things...but not when they are combined with tools." She admitted. "And pigeons poop too much, make for bad company."

"And...why would flowers be someone's pride? And I thought she was...gone..." She chewed her bottom lip. "Rumor has it there's someone else, a new lady." She reached out with one hand and felt the fabric on the woman's skirt. It was an innocent enough gesture, Ruby was just curious if it was as soft and flowy as it looked. It was.

Ruby had been spending a lot of time in London since the war, so she wasn't up-to-date on much of the current events short of what she'd heard from the Flowers. And they couldn't always be trusted to not exaggerate.

Curiosity got the best of Ruby, "Have you seen the new lady?" The question triggered something in her mind. While Ruby was clever, sometimes it was slow coming. She'd been so caught up with being caught stealing a rose, that she hadn't even tried to figure out who this woman was. She was dressed very fancy, though the clothing spoke more London than Wonderland. But her jewelry spoke of great wealth. And the way she talked...that spoke of being high on the totem pole. So two plus two equals that chance that this could be the new Queen-to-be.

Only one way to figure it out. "I've heard she's got a really big nose and teeth like a horse!" Ruby kept her face forward but her eyes were all for watching this woman's reaction.

TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Yay!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Mar 23 2014, 10:05 PM
rhiannon lowell

Rhiannon grinned. She had to give it to the wisp of a girl, she was funny. She nodded emphatically. "Executions are quite time consuming. The Red Knight never seemed to mind, though. Nor the Queen, come to think of it." She pursed her lips, covering a smirk. Okay, so she was fudging the truth a little bit. The newly crowned King wasn't the slaughtering type--she'd noticed that upon their reunion. Nothing like the Queen, no dark aura or maniacal look in his eyes. And she herself didn't care if this adorable girl wanted to swipe a rose or two--Rhea had plenty.

But she was pretty amused by teasing the girl anyway. And why not coerce the girl into a nice conversation via a bit of subterfuge? There was no harm in it. Even if the cards did interrupt or threaten the girl for intruding on private grounds Rhea would keep her safe. So no harm no foul. Right?

"Pigeons are quite messy. And not at all cute, but then I'm not a fan of birds." Rhiannon crinkled her nose at the thought. Nope, no birds for her. Rhea shrugged at the girl's inquiry. "I didn't know the Queen well, but if I were to hazard a guess it's because red is her favorite color and the roses here are a lovely crimson. Plus her gardens and maze stretch on for a couple miles, more than the nearest town in size." She looked over at the girl. "To have so many roses, I have a feeling they meant more to her than simple decoration."

Addressing the previous Queen's disappearance and her own ascention to the royal line wasn't exactly the easiest thing to poke at, especially when she wasn't altogether sure explaining who she was would be good for the conversation. "She's gone, yes. And someone new has arrived. But why bother with trivialities when we can just escape their clutches all on our own?" She clicked on the cobblestones further from the palace, tracing a route she'd begun to memorize upon arrival. It wouldn't do for the future queen to get lost in her own garden.

Of course, when she tripped over her own two feet and barely managed to right herself on unforgiving stilettos, worrying about their path was a bit moot. Horse teeth? Big nose? She bit her lip, tempted to touch her face and feel this evidence for herself. She'd always liked her own appearance, not vainly the way many gorgeous girls are but a regard for what she was gifted with by her mother's genes--whom she took after in looks.

But a big nose? Horse teeth? No one had ever said that to her before. Sure, her hair was less than pristine sometimes and she was probably too small size-wise but...really? After a few moments to reign in her injured pride Rhea shrugged. "I haven't heard rumors like that but I'm sure they aren't true. The King wouldn't marry a horse faced woman when he has the whole kingdom to choose from now would he?" Partly a lie. She'd sort of shoved her foot in the door and then stomped all over him. Metaphorically. Sort of literally. She hadn't exactly been delicate, and her determination knew no bounds.

But that didn't matter.

Horse teeth?

No, stop that. No sense over-thinking it. Find the guards describing her so hideously would be saved for later. As would be the "accidental" illnesses they all suddenly found themselves contagious with. "Now where were we? Ah, finding a nice place to relax and lay low. This way, miss..." She paused, letting the woman fill in the blanks.

Notes lmao poor Rhea she'll have nightmares for weeks now; 606 words; Rhea's outfit
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Mar 30 2014, 08:46 PM
ruby singer

Ruby listened as the lady spoke, nodding in agreement of the status of pigeons. She also thought her reasoning for why the former Queen would have been so keen on her roses. Ruby did have a love for her tea cups, and would easily hurt someone who broken or chipped one. Maybe not behead them, but they'd not leave happy.

Ruby was beginning to feel disappointed regarding the lady's attitude towards the new queen-to-be...that was until she tripped and almost face planted at the comment regarding the large nose and horse teeth. This had Ruby beaming with a grin that would make the Cheshire Cat proud. She knew a reaction would have occurred, but only someone who was being described that way would react so severely.

Ruby did have to give her points for catching herself and regaining her poise. Few people could do that and even fewer would continue on as though nothing had happened. This woman had a pretty fantastic poker face, but Ruby knew. She couldn't help but admire her a little though, after all, Ruby would have had a fit.

Ruby looped her arm with the lady's. "Careful on these stones, heels can be dangerous." She smirked, trying to keep her glee contained but having a hard time not smiling. "And it could be a lie. Perhaps she's lovely and jealous people are saying that." She shrugged. "I'm sure Jack...the King could pick whoever he wanted. " She knew that wasn't quite true, she was friends with Jack, she knew the situation. Not in detail but enough that she knew it wasn't a pick the loveliest in the land type of deal. Though, now that she's seen the lady, she had to admit she was rather pretty.

She gave the arm she had hers looped with a little squeeze before releasing it. She danced ahead of the lovely brunette a few steps, reaching out to find a lovely crimson blossom. She took a big sniff of it and then glanced at the queen-to-be over her shoulder. With a devious smirk she gently plucked the blossom from the bush. She rid it of any thorns and then danced back over to the brunette. "I think your nose is cute and you're teeth are pretty." She said as she reached up to put the rose in the brunette's hair, just like she had done to herself earlier.

She allowed her to keep walking, "We can find a secret place...a quiet place, but I can't give you my name until you are willing to share yours. It's only fair." She hummed softly looking at the lovely roses.

TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Yay!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Apr 17 2014, 09:37 PM
rhiannon lowell

Trying to recover from shock might have come off as well-done but having tripped in the first place was quite unladylike--as well as suspicious. Even playing it off did very little good; Rhiannon willed away the red blush dusted across her cheekbones with all her might - and mostly failed.

But being taken by the arm by the young lady who just insulted her face was quite another shock altogether. After years of fighting her way to the top, of baring her teeth to the bastards looking down on her because she wasn't of technical noble birth, of ripping apart worlds to get ahead...being touched without permission was not something she came into contact with often. Surprise quickly took over and Rhiannon was secretly grateful for the girl's nonchalant conversation--though that grin might have hidden more than she was telling.

"Quite right, these pave stones are particularly uneven. How the previous queen could stand it, I'll never know. Maybe she liked watching her subjects trip." Her words were only a touch bitter, mostly glossed over by a disinterested tone. She couldn't bring herself to answer the latter of the statements however. Implying the king had the right to choose whomever he pleased was one thing--but knowingly lying that he had a choice when in reality Rhea went all psycho bitch with a happy face and demanded his hand. In marriage.

Repeat. Psycho bitch. With a smile.

Distracted by her own mental ramble she didn't notice until the girl released her arm and strutted to a bushel of roses that they'd stopped moving and she'd been staring off into space. But the girl brought her back to reality--as well as bringing back a flower. A smirk tugged at Rhea's lips, widening into a full-blown smile when her secret was ever so subtly acknowledged. It was her own fault for assuming she could fool anyone in her own palace. Scratch that. Jack's palace.

"You drive a hard bargain, girl." Rhiannon grinned, looping their arms together again and walking - surreptitiously touching the rose in her hair with her free hand. "But I have been quite rude not to introduce myself earlier. It's very nice to meet you, my name is Rhiannon Ysandre." Her lips quirked and she bumped the brunette's hip lightly. "Jack's betrothed. Though I have a feeling you knew that already."

She tugged the girl's arm and traipsed to the left, cutting between shorter hedges and following along a line of bushels reaching nearly ten feet in the air. "I know a nice little place right over here. Discovered it my first week in the palace. I like having a place I can be alone if I so choose." She shot a look toward the girl. "Cards are sweet but they're a bit overbearing. I fear they don't trust me just yet."

Rhiannon didn't know why she mentioned her concerns. What was the point of divulging information to someone she barely met? But the girl had been particularly sweet - and clever. And no one had willingly touched her or warmed up to her in years, not since the Academy. Not since she broke down and rebuilt to avoid ever being hurt again. This girl had a good idea of who she was when she reached out and touched Rhea.

Ballsy. A little batty. But mostly genuine, and Rhea could use someone like that in her life. Hopefully.

Notesposty post post <33; some words; Rhea's outfit

PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 03:31 PM
ruby singer

Ruby's smile turned from a smirk to a genuinely pleased smile as the brunette introduced herself and even bumped her hip with hers. Ruby laughed, a ringing sound of delight. "I'll admit, I didn't know the entire time. But for admitting it, I will tell you who I am." She paused, wondering if she should give both her names. On a whim, she decided there was no reason not to. She had stayed under the radar of the previous queen, but she was already friends with the new King. So why not be friends with the soon to be Queen too.

"I'm Ruby Singer...though that is merely my name in the other world. Here, I am the March Hare." She bowed her head in greeting. "To be honest, there was no one who spoke of your appearance. I just knew it was an easy way to see if you were who I thought you were. I had a feeling asking you outright would not have gotten an honest answer." She shrugged.

She let Rhiannon lead her where she wanted to. And she listened as the she spoke. She was rather surprised when Rhiannon seemed to confide in her a small detail. It was little, and to others may have seemed trivial but Ruby saw it for what it was. Since it came from a woman who had been hiding her name up until this point.

Ruby gave Rhiannon's arm a quick squeeze. "They're simple...but you have to remember the Queen they had before. Not to mention how fast all this is happening. I don't doubt they'd want to watch your every move." She paused thinking. "I'm sure mostly it's to keep you safe. I mean you never know what sort of deviant might sneak into the gardens." she winked. "But trust is hard to come by...or so I'm noticing with the royals. I trust my gut when it comes to people." She smiled at Rhiannon.

She glanced around where Rhiannon was leading her. It was fascinating. "I guess they just want to know what to expect. But..." She shrugged. "The unknown is always a bit scary...but that's where the fun is." She bounced along, quite pleased with her knew...friend? Was she her friend? Ruby wasn't sure, she was a new acquaintance, with the possibility of being friends.

Ruby sensed something good in Rhiannon. It was obviously hidden beneath a wrapping of royalty and privilege. But it was there and Ruby was certain she'd get to it. She liked challenges.

TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Yay!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 09:48 AM
rhiannon lowell

More than a name, identities were most elusive. So few creatures wanted to admit to being anything other than humankind. Some animals and beasts like the Chesire were less likely to stifle their identity in the face of strangers. Judas could strike fear into the hearts of many with a simple introduction. Those like Jack, who had no other form, didn't have the same trouble. Rhiannon knew a few mome raths and rocking chair flies(whatever those were called) kept their previous lives under lock and key.

Close friends may divulge their vulnerable secrets but only so far as they could trust each other. For this girl, clearly a little off, to introduce herself to a complete stranger and to reveal her past self...well. His past self, was pretty damn incredible. She gave Ruby a sharp look, considering. She heard tell of malfunctions with the curse but hadn't met such an individual until just then. Rhea blinked, brushing away the thought. She drew up a smile and held out her hand.

"Its wonderful to meet you, Ruby. To have stumbled upon such a lovely girl on my first try is quite lucky." She didn't admit it out loud but she was glad Ruby made up the rumors to test her. If people really thought about her and gossiped so freely their insults it would have stung in a way Rhea couldn't put her finger on.

Once mentioned, Rhea couldnt laugh off the topic of the bloody Queen Sienna. If anyone knew her particular brand of terrifying, her female successor did. Granted Jack had been forced to grow up with her, poor boy. Violent, uncouth woman. The cards themselves had been terrorized every Dag for centuries. Rhea knew the old queen refused to keep record of her reign--no one needed to know her true age anyway. What nonsense would that bring?

"Eventually the cards will realize I'm no Sienna. No one can replicate her tyranny." Rhea shook her head, ignoring the faint heat along her cheekbones. "I have plenty of time for that, of course. The ceremony will be in a few weeks and after that who knows? The whole world will burst with possibilities." There rang a touch of uncertainty in her words. To claim she would be queen was one thing. To act proud and powerful was easy. But she had weeks of clinging tooth and nail to a chance few would ever experience in a hundred lifetimes. Between now and the wedding anything could happen.

And to be married to a man she barely knew. Albeit sweet and humble, Jack had years to fall in love with someone else, and centuries left to have dozens of affairs. It wad difficult for Rhiannon to feel affronted at the very idea; she told Jack day one she knew he felt no love for her. And she didn't love him. But the whole of Wonderland would attend their wedding. Formal vows would be exchanged. Would he be faithful even so? Would he care? Rhiannon sighed, looping her arm around Ruby.

"I promised a secret garden of sorts didn't I? Good thing I've always been a woman to keep word." Whatever that inner stubbornness will bring. Rhea tugged Ruby to the left, veering off the path. "Trust isn't something Wonderlanders give away lightly, that's for certain." She smiled. "At least, not most of them. You, on the other hand..." Rhea winked. "You're a bit of a wild card, aren't you?"

[[Sorry this is unformated, my phone is painful. And so sorry this is so late! Fail Tay is fail!!! I love Ruby and you so I hope this makes up for our slow response times!]]
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 02:18 PM
ruby singer

Ruby was amused to watch Rhiannon size her up. It wasn't in a crude or judgmental way, so Ruby was fine with it. It was often surprising for people who knew her in original form. She was a male hare, and yet the curse hit and it was more a blessing because it allowed him to become female...which matched what he felt inside better than his Wonderland form did. So now he was a she, and it confused people. Yet Rhiannon seemed to take it in stride. That was points to her, a good Queen needed to be able to do that sort of thing. Who knew what she was going to come up against in the future. Being to go with the flow and not judge her future subjects was beneficial and made Ruby like her more.

She took the girls hand and gave it a squeeze and shake. She assumed that's what she wanted, it was a common thing to do in London. It was a funny gesture, sometime she saw people bump their closed fists together then do a whole bunch of crazy gestures and such, even sound effects. It was quite something to watch. She'd always wanted to learn something like that. Perhaps she would when she returned to London.

For now, her attention as turned back to Rhiannon. "Flattery...good, I like it." Ruby smiled. "Though...this was supposed to be a stealth mission, but hey..." she shrugged, "I'm not complaining about the outcome!"

She watched Rhiannon's reaction to the mention of Sienna. "That's very true. She was a piece of work...but I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to prove yourself as a woman worthy of the title Queen." Ruby was becoming more certain of that as the time passed. Mention of the wedding has Ruby bouncing. "I know, I'm quite excited! I love reasons to celebrate!" She danced in a small circle. "Plus a chance to see Jack dressed up like a floof is something I can't miss." she giggled with glee. It was the truth, the idea of seeing Jack dressed in elaborate clothing was something she was going to enjoy. She knew the poor guy was probably hating all the pomp and circumstance, but that didn't mean she couldn't find amusement in it.

She turned to Rhiannon, her attention drawn to the heavy sigh. There was something bothering the girl. Was it the mention of the wedding? Was Rhiannon getting cold feet? Why would she, Jack was a catch! He was cute and funny and super sweet, perhaps he wasn't the suave debonair type, but he was great in his own way! Rhiannon should consider herself lucky...Ruby stopped her train of thought. She was getting up in arms over the assumption that Rhiannon didn't want to marry Jack. When she didn't even know if that was the reason for the sigh.

Ruby opened her mouth to question Rhiannon, but was interrupted as the gorgeous brunette wrapped her arm around her shoulders and began leading her to the promised secret garden. Ruby nodded, "You did in fact promise that." She agreed. The idea of a secret place tickling her excitement for adventure. She was surprised by Rhiannon's comment about trust.

She thought on it a moment, the girl had a point. Ruby shrugged, "I didn't see any reason not to trust you. Should I have one?" She asked, curious. Her smiled grew at being called a wild card, "That's a decent description of me. Never know what you're going to get with me." It was the truth. Ruby was known for being unpredictable, even to herself. She never knew what was going to come out of her own mouth or even what she was going to do. Life was more interesting that way.

She let Rhiannon lead her, not resisting in the least. "I suppose Wonderlanders are weary...bad things have happened when you trust the wrong person." She looked at Rhiannon, wondering if that was the reason for the sigh. Was she worried about trust? "Are you worried about trusting the wrong person?" She asked, being straightforward as usual.
TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
No worries, I'm happy to get Tay posts, even non-formated and late. ;D Ruby and I love Rhea and Tay! *hugs*

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 10:20 PM
rhiannon lowell

Rhiannon laughed. "You were very subtle swiping that rose." She nudged Ruby lightly. "I'll keep your identity secret, cross my heart." Had anyone heard Rhea they might have questioned the sanity of that statement. How many rumors spread about her being heartless and cold? She did have quite a few - okay, dozens -patrons whose blackmail material she kept close to the cuff. But Ruby didn't know that and it wasn't a need-to-know. At least, not so far. As difficult as honesty is, so far Rhea had kept to the truth with Ruby. Weird, that hadn't happened in a while.

"Prove myself a Queen." She slid the words around on her tongue, pensive. Would she really? "Celebrations are the best. All that free wine and champagne?" She laughed. "Well, technically free. Jack and I are funding the party, now that I think of it." Damn, that was weird to say. Jack and I. They weren't an item but they were to be married. Perish the thought, too much to concern herself with at that moment.

Rhiannon laughed outright. "Speaking of floofy..." She cupped one hand to the side of her mouth and leaned close to Ruby's ear. "The afternoon I arrived here Jack was decked out in so much fabric he looked like a walking fabric shop. He could barely sit down." She grinned. Somehow it felt amazing to share her thoughts, even if it was a bit at Jack's expense. But a girl was allowed to gossip right? Well. Most girls. As the words left her mouth, her lips tightened. Was it wrong? To talk about him this way? She didn't actually know Ruby. What if her disrespect came around to bite her on the ass?

She didn't want to come off as some sort of two faced bitch--even if she could be one at times. She shifted focus on her 'secret place' not too far away, dragging Ruby along for the trip. "A promise is a promise." She tried to curb her tongue, reminding herself not to spill to the first sweet person she met--as if that had ever been a concern before!

"Trust isn't something most people hand out for free," Rhiannon hedged. She didn't want to outright tell Ruby not to trust her--but she would be Queen, a formidable woman. Wasn't Ruby even the slightest bit worried after all of Sienna's murderous escapades? "I like your spontaneity. Predictable people are boring." She grinned. "I daresay I need someone around to keep me on my toes." She covered a wince. Too much honesty again. Damn, her loose lips better not pose a problem in the near future.

Rhiannon pulled Ruby under wide hedge archways, two to the left and the fourth right before they reached a dead end. She grinned. "Here we are." She released Ruby and stepped close to the hedge, tossing a look over her shoulder. "I can't trust anyone right now. I'm on the precipice of power over the entire realm. If anyone has something to fear by giving out too much trust..." She shrugged, stepping forward. The leaves scraped at her bare skin but after a few seconds of wiggling she was free and on the other side. She stared at the hedge, unbroken and impossible to tell there was a hidden passage.

It would be smart to escape through another exit and ditch Ruby, to not trust this strange, odd woman. A smart woman would. Sienna would.

That thought broke her. She reached out her hand through the leaves. "I guess I'm not the smartest Queen to be." She muttered, pressing a cheek against the leaves. "But then I'm a bit of a wild card myself."

Behind her a beautiful garden awaited, a spiral of colors curling inward to a wide, low table. Roses were ingraved in the stone, beautiful intricate work by some long-dead craftsmen she assumed. The fragrance swarmed around her, a heady smog of sweet flavors. She loved this place. It was her solace, her comfort zone. Even her cards didn't know it existed. She guessed only Sienna and Lysander had known about it--maybe Jack knew, she didn't want to ask.

And yet she shared it with this stranger. Why?

Fuck it. Why not?
PMEmail
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jun 27 2014, 10:04 AM
ruby singer

Ruby laughed as Rhiannon made fun of her subtlety in stealing the rose. ”Well I very well didn’t know someone was watching, otherwise it would have been very sneaky!” Ruby had no problems making light of herself, she very rarely took herself seriously. She cocked her head to the side in curiosity as to why Rhiannon felt it was so important to keep her identity secret. Most everyone knew her as the March Hare, even in this form. She was not ashamed of her old form or her new one. And though she had a new name, she would always be the March Hare.

Rhiannon as fascinating, she could be pensive one moment then a playfulness peaked out but she’d hide it quickly. Ruby preferred the playfulness, it felt more authentic than the primness. Ruby clapped her hands at the mention of free wine and champagne, ”Oh yes! Free is always good and wine is fantastic, put the two together and it’s even better!!” Ruby was never one to turn down free alcohol. She made Ruby smile slightly at the expression Rhiannon got when she mentioned Jack. Perhaps there was hope for the two. Ruby dearly hoped so, she adored Jack and wanted him happy. And she liked Rhiannon so far, so her being happy would be a good thing as well.

Ruby leaned forward and listened to Rhiannon describe her first meeting with Jack. Ruby snorted and cover her mouth, laughing. She could perfectly picture poor Jack dressed in such horribly lavish clothing he couldn’t move. ”Oh poor Jack! Oh I know how much he hates the floofy clothing. You’d think as King he could chose his own clothes, but apparently not.” She cocked her head to the side and smirked at Rhiannon. ”You know…as Queen you could help that. Make it so he doesn’t have to wear horribly uncomfortable clothing if he doesn’t want to.” If she could convince her new friend to encourage Jack to wear clothing more comfortable for him, perhaps it would help them both. In Ruby’s mind, it would show Jack that Rhiannon cared about his comfort and Jack wouldn’t have to feel like a fool. She glanced at Rhiannon, ”You’ve got good style…and you probably know the fabrics that are easier to move in. Maybe you could help him out, it’d be a good way to get brownie points. And brownie points are good for newlyweds…or soon to be anyways.” Ruby shrugged, her advice given.

Ruby frowned but nodded, ”Yes, and that makes me sad. Trust shouldn’t be something that is abused as much as it has been. It makes the world so much more difficult. If people where just true to who they were and honest, things would go so much smoother. And trust does have to be earned but once it is, it should be valued and cared for. Because if it gets broken, it’s one of the hardest things to fix.” Moment of wisdom crept up on Ruby from time to time. She shook her head, riding it of serious thoughts.

Ruby beamed at being called spontaneous, it was a compliment in her book. Her fully agreed that predictability was boring. She lived her life with as little predictability as possible. Ruby’s thoughts were stopped as Rhiannon announced their arrival. Ruby glanced around, frowning. They were at a dead end. Nothing special about it either. She was about to question Rhiannon’s choice of hiding places when the soon-to-be Queen dropped some seriousness on her. It was a revelation into who this woman was that Ruby found valuable…but she also found it rather sad. That this beautiful woman worried so much about who to trust.

Before Ruby could respond, Rhiannon walked into the wall of foliage and vanished. Ruby’s pale blue eyes got wide with surprise and then she clapped with glee. She watched the wall, curious about it when suddenly a hand popped out, palm up in invitation. Ruby laughed with delight and grabbed Rhiannon’s hand, not even second guessing her decision to trust the woman. If anything, Ruby was more determined to figure out more about her. She was complicated and while Ruby liked her, a lot, she had to make sure she’d be good for Jack.

Ruby was pulled through the wall and blinked as she looked around the new space. ”Wow! It’s beautiful!!” She squealed and bounced on her toes a bit. She glanced back at Rhiannon, her smile soften. ”You can trust your heart. If you’re heart tells you to trust someone, then do so. You may be on a precipice, but the right person can keep you grounded and help you if you almost fall. Fear will not help you be a good Queen, but putting faith in others will encourage them to put faith in you. And that will make a difference.” She reached out and gave Rhiannon’s hand a squeeze. ”You don’t have to trust me…though I think you do.” She winked. ”But I can promise you, what you see is what you get. You can ask anyone, I don’t hide my thoughts or feelings.” She paused then added, ”And trust Jack. There aren’t many genuinely nice, honest guys out there. And as much as those around him have tried to corrupt him, he has remained true to himself and to his friends. I would trust him with my very existence.” She meant every word. She knew plenty of nice people, a lot of them actually. Though she did have a tendency to trust easily and see the best in people. She still saw good in Judas and hearts knows that’s not very wise. But no matter what, she truly believed in Jack.
TAGS
Rhiannon

NOTES
Oh shit…Ruby’s spouting wisdom…hurry someone get her some booze!

CREDIT
You're a Wallflower

PM
^
rhiannon lowell
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 06:36 PM
rhiannon lowell

Rhiannon smiled. If only it were that easy. "His advisors tell him to wear Wonderland appropriate clothes until he settles into his role as future king." Besides, Jack was too terrified to say her name half the time. He wouldn't want to hear her advise clothing options. She'd have better luck sucking the juice out of a banana with a straw. Both were possible--and quite improbable. She didn't voice her real thoughts.

That there were no "brown points" to gain, whatever they were, when it came to Jack. He was terrified of his own reign and he sure as hell didn't trust his bride to be. She silently acknowledged the fact that Jack might never come to love her and would always treat her with a distant, almost respect and a certain level of distrust. That didn't mean she'd admit it out loud, even to this sweet, friendly girl. Hell, she couldn't even admit it out loud to her own reflection.

"If only everyone valued trust and honesty as much as you do," Rhea mused. "Life would be significantly better." Trust. What a foreign concept. The one time Rhiannon put her full trust in someone was the singularly worst experience of her life. She wouldn't blindly trust again, not even Ruby. Not completely.

And yet she drew Ruby into her safe haven without more than a split second of indecision. One thing could be said of Rhiannon with utter certainty--when she committed to an idea or a path of life, she did so with all she had. Even with the murmur of concern lingering in the back of her thoughts, even tasting distrust clogging up her throat, Rhea brought Ruby with her anyway.

The gardens were beautiful, spread out in their spirals of color. The light breeze rubbed over her skin with a soothing caress. And yet the pit in Rhea's stomach thudded, taking on weight with that twisted sinking feeling. Her heart. As if that fickle thing could be trusted any more than the gold sniffers dogging her week after week. Her heart got her into trouble, and so did faith. But fear couldn't rule her either. The tumult of emotion raged within her, gnawing at the weak spots in her defensive armor.

Her heart. Never trust that.

"I will do my utmost to rule justly and without spilling blood--something Sienna reveled in for centuries." Her lip curled, embittered. "If you can trust anything of me, trust in that." She patted Ruby's hand. She held Jack in high regard as most Wonderlanders did. He freed them from tyranny and death. He gave them back their lands and their hopes. He was an honest, decent man. But would he be a good King? Only time would tell. He wasn't corrupt but he might be too soft on dangerous criminals--take the Red Knight, for one.

That monster still slaughtered cards and civilians alike, without wont or reason. Just because he could. And yet no one bothered to stop him. He was a murderer in a nest of royalty, a poisonous snake with his fangs embedded in Wonderland's veins. Not that she held it too much against him. He was the Executioner, to be fair. He spent centuries killing for the Queen as well as pleasure. And he was good to have on Jack's side, protecting him. Cards could be swayed with money or promise to kill the King but no one got past Achilles the Executioner with their heads still attached to their shoulders.

A rabid dog, that one. And then there was Judas. Rhea immediately dashed him from her thoughts in case he sensed her like some omniscient deity. Was Jack going to be a good king? Would Rhea make a good Queen?

Gods, she hoped so.

"Jack is a wonderful man, I agree." Rhea forced herself from her consuming thoughts and smiled, a sincere smile this time. "He'll do what he thinks is best for his people and no one could ask more of him." She reached out to take Ruby's hand, pulling her toward the table and the beautiful garden.

"Now let us put this serious topic to rest. It's much too beautiful a day to spend our time worrying." Slender pathways cut swaths between flower spirals, the paths slimmer for every step they took until they careened into the dais. Gold flowers bordered her left and bright green to her right. Voluptuous petals bent stalks toward the soil, spiky leaves stuck up like cowlicks beneath delicate flower heads. It was a beautiful sight, this place. "I do hope you don't have any pressing matters for the afternoon, we have much to learn about one another don't you think?"

Notesposty post post <33; some words; Rhea's outfit
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.