Add Reply
New Poll

a million little gods, [m] whooo | @ruby/fini
fintan travers
 Posted: May 1 2014, 11:50 PM
i lost my mind in the city of lights in the backstreets buildings and the neon lights when I heard the thunder i could feel the rain it's the same to me just a different name oh lord i said oh lord won't you follow me into the jungle ain't no god on my streets in the heart of the jungle won't you follow me into the jungle ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
37Wonderlanderswhite rabbit113 postsapplicationplotting
fintan travers

you better look down below
Shuddering in a deep breath, Fintan mustered up the energy to push himself to his left, collapsing on his back when his arms gave out. Disheveled sheets pooled around his hips. The air, warm and thick above them, settled heavy on his chest as he ran a hand down his face. He let out a satisfied sigh that burst into a short laugh at the end and let the relaxation and blissed out feelings pump through his body. Finally, after a moment, he rolled onto his side to take stock of his bedmate, Ruby, and smiled softly. "You're bloody fantastic, you know that, right?" he asked, sliding an arm under the pillow he fell on to prop his head up a little bit. "Just. . . ." He trailed off, not sure of what else to say to explain how ridiculously sated he felt.

It was a London Day, which meant wandering around a certain part of the human city until a Potential showed up. After a few hours, keyed up and bored out of his skull, Fin decided to ditch any kind of responsibility in favor of spending the rest of the day doing something that was decidedly not productive in any form. He dropped by Jenna's flat to grab one of the veggies wraps he bought and stored in her fridge the week prior, then let his feet wander wherever they took him . . . right up to Ruby Singer's tea shoppe.

Ruby was good company. She kept him on his toes and he enjoyed their sarcastic banter as she skillfully assembled another amazing tea brew for him to sample. His keen sense of smell allowed him to pick apart each layer, letting her know what to tweak to perfect it, which usually got him a snappy reply back to mind himself. And then most of the time, just as it was from the very beginning, he found himself pushing her shirt up, mouth ravaging her neck only minutes later.

It was one of the better arrangements Fin had set up in his lifetime. He understood, at least on a basic level, that many of Ruby's drives were similar to his; once he started reaching out to other Wonderlanders after Alice's death in a manner beyond party invitations, Ruby proved to be one of the better decisions in a long time. He always showed face for the conversation, but definitely stuck around for the sex which, in his mind, only seemed to get better each and every time.

His breathing was finally almost calmed down when he dragged his mind back to the present. She was gorgeous like that, hair splayed across a pillow, chest heaving with exertion. He could appreciate the beauty of her human form, one so similar to yet different from his. He ducked his head against her arm, leaning forward a little bit, and dropped little kisses up her arm to her shoulder. In some ways, she was addictive, nearly always there when he needed her. Sighing, he pulled away and dropped halfway on his back, eyes fixed on her. "Honestly, I'm glad I dropped by," he said, not really expecting a response. "Best decision I made all day."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWWW
^
ruby singer
 Posted: May 4 2014, 10:49 PM
Normal is an illusion...what is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
25WonderlandersMarch Hare157 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

Playing with you never gets old!
Ruby’s entire body trembled as muscles twitched but a sense of being utterly sated washed though her. A languid, please smile played at her lips as she stretched her arms up over her head. Her breathing slowly going back to normal, her heart slowly following suit. The sensation of air cooling the sweat on her body gave rise to goosebumps slowly but it was a pleasant sensation. She marveled in the things this body could do, especially when paired with another individual who knew exactly how to work it properly. And her current companion most certainly knew how to play her like…well…her brain wasn’t quite up to functioning mode yet in order to make a proper comparison. To say the least, Fintan was always a welcome distraction.

She heard his puff of laughed and turned her head to look at him, a smile playing at her lips. It did wonders for her ego, he always did. His compliments were always welcome. ”You’re pretty wicked yourself. I don’t know where you learned that last trick, but I approve…” she giggled, remembering the squeal it had illicit from her. ”Oh I most certainly approve.”

She remained on her back starring at her ceiling, her long, silky black hair a loose mess behind her. But it didn’t bother her in the slightest. It was well earned, messy hair as proof of a damn good time. She hadn’t even been expecting it either. That was the wonderful thing about Fintan. He surprised her but it was always a welcome and wonderful surprise.

This time she’d been messing with herbs in her shop, trying to get a new recipe working right and getting rather frustrated. It was rare that recipes didn’t work out easily. They came to her naturally, but for some unknown reason this last one was just being stubborn. She was getting angry and rather agitated. She was about to toss the entire teapot at the wall when the bell on her front door rang. She had looked up to see Fintan and was quite pleased to see him. He was always the perfect person to help her with teas. He had such great senses, he could always pick out all the subtle hints and flavors she added. She loved it.

So she had set him a cup to get his opinion. She hadn’t liked it. She couldn’t remember what it was he had said, but it had set her off, ranting and raving and about to toss the whole thing out a window when suddenly she’d felt his hands on her waist and his lips on her neck. That little nibble thing he did where her neck met her shoulder had her calmed down and completely forgetting the tea. He was brilliant like that. His touch seemed capable of completely diverting her attention, and each time he seemed to remember exactly where her weak spots where and his technique in using them to his advantage was getting better and better each time.

Tea completely forgotten, they’d made their way to her flat, as they often did when he made the move to calm her. And from there, well…the place was a mess but totally worth it. She wasn’t sure how or when this arrangement started, but she liked it. He would show up at her place, occasionally she’d call on him. They’d chat, be friendly, have great conversation and then BAM! They’d rock each others world and that would be that. They could easily lay there, talking about nonsense and there was no need for anything more. It was a great time, they were friends and enjoyed each other and that was all. It really was an ideal arrangement. They hadn’t even had to talk about drawing lines or anything, which according to some of the London shows was necessary. No, it seemed they had an understanding of each other’s baser needs and they could fulfill that without it being messy.

Ruby was brought out of her mind by the feel of his lips on her arm, trailing up to her shoulder. She smile and turned her head to gaze at him through pale blue eyes. She heaved a contented sigh, a subtle way of showing him just how well he’d done. She laughed softly at his comment, lifting her hand to brush some of his hair from his face. She trailed her fingers then down along his abs. ”Oh, I agree…this was a very, very welcomed distraction.” She rolled to her side, watching him through lazy eyes. ”You usually are.” She giggled. ”I don’t even remember what brought you to my shoppe…but I’ll thank it for doing so.”

She loved the comfortable ease with which they could just relax after a romp. She’d had one or two with other partners, never repeats, where the afterglow was interrupted with awkward conversation. Never with Fintan, it was always easy and pleasant.
Notes tag - fintan <333
Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0
PM
^
fintan travers
 Posted: May 10 2014, 12:28 AM
i lost my mind in the city of lights in the backstreets buildings and the neon lights when I heard the thunder i could feel the rain it's the same to me just a different name oh lord i said oh lord won't you follow me into the jungle ain't no god on my streets in the heart of the jungle won't you follow me into the jungle ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
fintan travers

Fintan hummed in pleasure, reaching out to trace her arm as she giggled. "A magician never reveals all his secrets, dearest Ruby," he mused, fingers tapping the inside of her elbow to a beat in his head. So rarely did Fin get this kind of contact with another that when he found it, moderating himself was unquestionable. The need to touch and be touched ran strong within him, a desire long ago forged by his childhood. He didn't need to think such depressing thoughts, not when Ruby, in all her beauty and glory and distractions, lay next to him.

He closed his eyes, nose twitching softly at the feel of her fingers on his skin. His fingers met hers, tangled themselves, as she rolled onto her side. With another hum, he brought her hand up to his mouth, and he focused on dropping attention to each knuckle, eyes sliding shut. "I would hope I always am," he replied light-heartedly. His eyes fluttered open and he shifted close enough to drape an arm across her side, thumb brushing the small of her back. His other arm slid under his pillow to prop his head up a little. "I joke. I know I'm as welcome a distraction as you are for me."

He thought back to his earlier boredom and traipse around London. Since Jenna had come back into his life, it seemed as though boredom was a recurring staple in his life. Nothing was truly interesting on the days when he didn't see her. Thinking of her seemed the only way to keep him focused on anything for longer than five minutes. "Boredom brought me here," he confessed quietly. "My day was horribly average until I walked into your shoppe." He brushed his nose against hers, kissed her mouth softly. For split second, when his eyes slid open, he thought the hair in front of him was too dark, though just as soon as the thought crossed his mind, it left.

"Have you ever been in love?" he asked suddenly, the question slipping out unexpectedly. "I'm not talking about me and you. You're a good friend with a few extra bonuses," he added with a laugh. He thought over his question. Who was he even thinking of anyway? Jenna slipped to the front of his mind, and he immediately shoved her away. That was a ridiculous thought. Jenna was a very good friend. He was more likely to sleep with Judas before Jenna. "I'm sorry. Ignore me. I'm just rambling." He laughed, this time without humor. "You know I do that sometimes."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWWW
^
ruby singer
 Posted: May 10 2014, 07:23 PM
ruby singer

Ruby giggled at his comment about magicians. "Well, you certainly are magic. Keep up tricks like that, and I'll never ask...only beg for me." She winked. She smiled as she watched him, loving how he responded to her touch. It was the same for her. His touch was soothing and arousing all at once. She loved the skin on skin contact, and Fintan never hesitated when it came to that.

Normally, if it were a one time shag, she'd be out of bed and gone. Snuggling gave men ideas of romance or intimacy that she didn't want them having. But Fin, once again, was the exception. She loved snuggling and cuddling with him, because it wasn't more than friendly affection and a need for physical contact. He was good at that.

She felt him entangle her hand with his and then wrap his arm around her waist and she snuggled closer to him, pressing her warm flesh up against his. She craved the sensation of his smooth but firm skin against her own. She also quite loved the thing his fingers were doing on her lower back.

She smiled up at him, her bright blue eyes blinking as he explained the reason for him showing up at her shop. "Boredom is as good an excuse as any. I would have even accepted that you tripped and rolled through my door. You know you're always welcome." She lifted up and kissed his neck and just beneath his chin.

She froze mid kiss when his question of love was spoken above her head. Her heart raced, sudden fear that their easy relationship was about to be ruined. She let out a small laugh of relief when he cleared her fear. She pulled back slightly and smirked up at him. "You had me scared for a moment White Rabbit." She chided, "Almost thought you were going to exclaim your undying love to me. I would have had to knock some sense into you." She teased, leaning up to give him a light tap on the nose with her finger.

He had peaked her curiosity though, especially when he said to ignore him and claimed he rambled. It was true he did...but something in his voice. Something tugged at her and she knew he needed to speak of what plagued him. She shook her head, making soft tsk noises as she did.

She released his hand and used it to push him onto his back. "Of all the ramblers I know, you are one of the better." she teased. She moved to rest on his chest, her arms folded so that she could rest her chin on them and watch him. "But...I also know you well enough to know that you never ramble for no reason. Often, you're ramblings hide something deeper."

She lifted her head to kiss his chest, which she happily lay upon. Then she returned her knowing eyes to his. Ruby usually came across as air headed and bubbly, not someone many came to for counseling. But she was actually relatively wise, she just hid it very well.

She thought a moment, then shook her head. "No...I've never been in love. I have often wished for it...envied those who have it. But never possessed it, never felt it." She looked deep into his eyes. Something tugged at her, she felt it. "Who is it Rabbit? Has someone stolen your heart?" Her voice was gentle but held its ever playful lilt, as seen in a slight pull of a smile on her lips.
Notes tag - fintan <333
PM
^
fintan travers
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 05:44 PM
fintan travers

Fintan scoffed. "I do not trip and roll, Ruby Singer." He shook his head and pushed some of her hair behind her ear. "Though I will have to remember that. Not like that one time I showed up and told you I missed your shop and proceeded to lose four days in this very bed." Resting a hand on the back of her neck, he sighed, lost in thought. It'd been one of the best extended weekends he could remember, ranking right up there with his first weekend spent at Jenna's.

Jenna. It'd taken him a while to realize there was a pull she had over him. Everywhere she went, his eyes followed, his gaze tracking her every movement. She'd always been pretty; even more so when he caught her waking up or rubbing exhaustion out of her expression. Just the other day he realized he'd fallen asleep replaying memories of their time together and desperately wishing he could have that same rapport with her again.

Was it love? Maybe. Did he really even know what love was? It'd be so long and his existence had been filled with attachments like his current one with Ruby that he wasn't quite sure what the feeling was or how it affected him. He returned her stare. Her eyes were the same color and too icy blue, he noticed. Much too icy blue. "I don't know," he admitted honestly, swallowing hard. For a flash, he pictured Jenna lying where Ruby was, and it was gone as soon as it appeared. No. Not quite right. But something twisted pleasurably in his stomach.

"Maybe?" he proposed, staring up at the ceiling, letting Ruby's hands and mouth wander wherever they wanted. It helped him collect his thoughts. "We've been friends for a while. Or, we were. And then I kind of fucked things up and we only recently started talking again after about . . . five? human years of silence. I just . . . I don't know. All I know is I can spend days with her and never be able to sleep at night because all I want to do is talk to her, be near her, and she's got this beautiful smile that she only lets me see when she's in the best of moods and the years we spent not talking were worse than after Alice died." He swallowed, his chest deflating the more he let Jenna invade his mind. "And what does my personal love guru think about that?" he asked, tilting his head back down to look at Ruby with a strained, crooked smile.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWWW
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jul 7 2014, 06:56 PM
ruby singer

Ruby giggled at his indignation regarding tripping and rolling. It was true, the man was quite graceful, though perhaps being a rabbit helped with that. She grinned and sighed at his mention of the four day vacation from life. ”Oh yes, that was something else. That’s what makes you so fun to play with, you can keep up with me for four days. Never met another who could.” It was true, though again, it was likely the rabbit in him that allowed him to participate just as enthusiastically as she did.

She watched with fascination as his eyes got a distant look to them. She studied his face, knowing that he was thinking of the woman who had his mind in tangles. It was intriguing to watch his facial features more and change so slightly but his eyes, his ever expressive eyes spoke volumes. Ruby wasn’t fazed in the slightest to be laying naked upon a man and have him thinking of another woman. At least not with Fintan. She wasn’t possessive of him, protective yes, but she knew they were just friends. So the feeling that pulled at her as she watched him think was of curiosity and a bit concern. She wasn’t fond of seeing him so confused. Fintan was an incredibly intelligent being, he was straight forward and knew what he wanted, yet this person had him off-kilter.

She smiled at him when his gazed returned to her. She listened silently as he spoke, his vocal pattern changing from unsure to almost reverent as he spoke of the woman. Ruby kept her hands playing in a gentle rhythm on his abdomen. She knew touch was soothing for him, as it was for her, and a simple easy pattern would allow him to think and keep him at ease. It was something that made them work so well together in this capacity, they were so similar that she knew what he wanted or needed, and vice versa.

It was as he spoke of the pain being worse than losing Alice that Ruby knew. She may never have felt love but listening to him, she just knew. Her sympathetic smile turned to a brilliant grin as he called her his love guru. She liked that title, it amused her greatly.

In a single, graceful but quick movement, she jumped to her knees and straddled his waist so that she could look down at him. She her put hands on her hips, her long black hair cascading down the front to just barely hide her bare chest. She cocked her head to the side, first one way then the other before laughing. ”My dearest Fintan, I do believe you are in love!” She clapped her hands in glee. She wiggled a bit in delight, the idea of someone she cared about finding love made her quite happy. ”You are undeniably smitten.” she reached out and gently poked his nose. ”This woman seems to have enchanted you dear one, and I’m curious as to who she is. Do I know her? I bet she’s gorgeous! And she must be brilliant to keep your attention so completely. Hmmm…brains and beauty. Oh, and she must have an attitude to keep you on your toes, that is a must.” Ruby was forming an image in her head, though she wasn’t sure if it was accurate.

She tapped her bottom lip, ”Hmm…who, oh who could have stolen the White Rabbit’s heart so entirely?” She sighed, ”Give me a clue.” She grinned. She was curious to know. She knew he was still upset, and she hadn’t missed the part where he said he’d screw up their friendship. But that didn’t matter, now that Ruby Love Guru was on the case, she would make sure things worked out. It may take time, but Fintan would have his love! ”Don’t stress yourself over the past, wounds can be mended and with the help of a friend, namely your personal love guru.” she winked at him, ”We will get you two back on track and frolicking through fields of daisies hand in hand!” She paused and raised an eyebrow, ”That is what people in love do…right? I saw it somewhere and it looked fun.” She shrugged.
Notes tag - fintan <333
PM
^
fintan travers
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 12:30 AM
fintan travers

He wrinkled his nose in concentration, trying to keep up with Ruby as her excitement overtook the conversation. His hands rested on her thighs, trailing up and down while she chattered on about getting them together and time healing all wounds and daisies? "No, no daisies, no frolicking, no fields," he said with a firm shake of his head. "She is definitely not the type to want to frolic. I'm pretty sure she'd get me tested for psychosis if I suggested that." He laughed, an image of Jenna staring at him, muttering something unpleasant in one of her weird, funny languages before leaving the room as his suggesting running through a field of daisies. Yeah, that would never happen.

After a moment, he dragged himself up to lean against the headboard, pulling Ruby in his lap along with him. His hands still ghosted over her upper legs, his fingers occasionally sinking below her knees and up to her waist. Rhythmic touch was soothing to her, he knew, as it was to him, most likely a productive of being similar creatures in their original forms. It helped with making the sex fantastic; Fin was sure of that. He pondered over his next words, fingers running up Ruby's waist a final time to dance down her arms and link them together, needing the connection. Staring down at their interlocked hands, he decided to plunge in the deep end, face first.

"It's Jenna Oswald," he murmured, still not looking at Ruby. "I know you know her. She can't decide if you losing your papers all the time is exasperating or endearing." He grinned wide, the pressure on his shoulders lifting some at the realization that someone knew. Someone who wasn't his own shadow, someone who knew the both of them and could smile with him over her. He lifted his gaze to meet Ruby's, suddenly emboldened now that it was out there. His secret was secret no more.

He sighed quietly, thoughts trailing back to the way things were before, before he'd gone and mucked things up beyond comprehension. "I'll take lazing in her apartment with movies and take-out over the mess we're in right now. Or frolicking. Still not into that." His smile softened as he let memories of their time together wash over him. Dragging her out to a park on one of her Sad Days. Tea in her Wonderland cottage. Listening to her laugh as he tried to manage turning on her mobile phone. Was he in love? Maybe. He wasn't quite sure. Why wasn't Ruby answering that question?

"She's all I can think about these days," he admitted softly. He squeezed Ruby's fingers with his own, an itch sinking in under his skin and making his hands feel antsy. "Every moment I'm not with her feels empty, like all the promise and hope in the world has been sucked dry. I could spend hours just looking at her eyes and watching her face change with expression and running my fingers through her hair."

His person felt suddenly heavy, ladened with a burden he couldn't name. Tears inexplicably jumped to his throat, threatening to spill out of the corners of his eyes. "I don't know if she even truly wants friendship with me," he said, his voice dropping to a whisper. "She says she wants to be friends again, but I can't get that look out of my head. The one she gave me when she saw me in her flat after her failed tests. It—she despised me, Rubes. I don't know if a person ever gets over that. I want her to. In my head, we run off into the sunset together, but on paper, I know things are very, very different."

His thoughts were running in circles, nothing connecting or making sense. He didn't notice how tight he was holding on to Ruby, a thousand emotions threatening to overtake him at any moment. "I don't know what to feel, and it destroys me that I can't sweep her up and try to explain this mess inside of me." He forced himself to look out her window and try to calm down, but to no avail. "I just think I love her so much that I don't know how to function without telling her," he breathed, not aware he was voicing his innermost thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWWW
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 07:41 PM
ruby singer

Ruby frowned when he shot down her idea of daisies and frolicking. She pouted a little, it had always sounded so fun. She didn’t have anyone to frolic lovingly though daisies with, so she wanted to live vicariously through someone else. Though quickly her mind turned towards naughtier thoughts, the feel of his hands moving up her thighs, while soothing, didn’t help to keep her bring clean and innocent. ”There are other things you could do in a field of daisies that would be more fun than frolicking.” she grinned, her expression devious. More than likely, if Ruby were to go frolicking through a field of daisies with someone, they’d end up boinking in a field of daisies. That was just how Ruby worked.

Her attention was drawn back to Fintan as he spoke again. This time the words he spoke were a name, a familiar name. Instant the image of a beautiful blonde woman popped into her head, even this mental image was rolling her eyes at Ruby. Ruby sat there looking at Fintan for a moment. She knew Jenna, she actually was fond of the girl. She often had to replace her papers for various reasons. Ruby laughed at Fintan’s comment about her papers. ”Jenna…” she said the name softly, imagining Fintan standing next the blonde. Suddenly a bright smile pulled at her lips, ”Yes…yes, of course! Jenna! She’s perfect for you!” Ruby approved! ”She’s so patient but boy, oh boy, does she like to roll her eyes at me. If they get stuck that way, it’s probably my fault.” she laughed.

Ruby watched a Fintan’s mind went to Jenna. She knew he was thinking about her. She could see it in his beautiful eyes, how they held affection and sadness. Her hands began to move again, a soothing pattern that mimicked his, but this time on his arms. It wasn’t until his hands grabbed hers that she realized the pain the seemed to suddenly vibrate through him. Her heart squeezed, as he spoke. His words tugged and pulled at her empathy, making her want to erase the look of anguish from his eyes. ”Oh Fintan, my sweet Rabbit.” Her voice was gentle.

It wasn’t until she saw the tears he was fighting that her breath caught. He truly loved this woman, and it was hurting him. Fintan didn’t cry, not without a damn good reason and even then it was a rarity. Ruby leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his torso and pressing every inch of skin she could against him. She squeezed him tight, her cheek resting against his chest. She held him tight, listening as he unloaded everything.

She listened as he whispered, tales of her wanting to be friends. He spoke of what happened after Jenna failed and how she felt about it. The pain in his voice was like knives to Ruby’s heart. The use of her nickname made her sit up and take his face in her hands. She place a gentle kiss on one cheekbone, then his nose, then the other cheek. ”Fintan, my dear sweet Fintan. You are being too harsh on yourself. Cut it out.” she said gently, kissing his chin.

She sat back, but kept her small hands gently placed along his jawline. ”You love her…and she wants to be friends. If she despised you, even the slightest, then she wouldn’t want to rebuild any sort of relationship. But she does.” Her voice took on a soothing, almost hypnotic tone. ”Humans have this unique ability to forgive. It’s not as common where we come from but it sounds like she is willing to forgive. And whether you realize it or not, you are worth it!” She gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. It was sexual but more soothing. ”Don’t you dare think otherwise. You’re a brilliant, wonderful, intelligent, passionate, and dear man!” She moved to wrap herself around his chest again, letting him hold her tight. He needed the contact and she’d give it to him. To comfort her friend, she’d give him whatever he needed. She may not love him as he loved Jenna, but she cared for him dearly. She rubbed her soft cheek against his chest, holding him tight as he spoke.

”I’ll tell you what to think Fintan Travers. You will have hope! And you’ll remember that she is asking to be friends again. She doesn’t have to, no one is forcing her to. But she wants it nonetheless, that means she wants you back in her life. So you will remember that or I will remind you every waking moment. Then you will work towards showing her that you are worthy, because I swear to Alice, you are worthy!” She spoke these words against his chest.

”You will start as friends, focus on building your friendship and then you will tell her. You will tell her just how much you love her. You will tell her what you have told me. You will throw yourself at her mercy and offer her everything you have to offer. But first, you will be the best damn friend she’s ever had.” She held him tight, her voice full of gentle confidence. She knew it would work, it had to. Fintan deserved to be happy. ”Until then, you’ve got me. I’ll help you function. When it gets too much, I’ll drug you or screw you…or both. Depends on how bad you’re feeling.” She looked up at him, giving him a devious grin. She needed to see him smile, the pain he was radiating hurt her. ”Don’t fret dearest Fintan…it will work out. You’ll see. It may take a little time, but you will have your love. And she is your love, just remember that. Love conquers all!” She rested her chin on his chest, still holding him tight.

”I think I need to burn my papers again…” She said idly, feeling that it would be a good idea to go see Jenna. She wanted to make sure, of what she didn’t quite know but the feeling of needing to go see the blonde hit her. Ruby never denied her gut what it wanted. Of course, it wouldn’t occur to Ruby that she could just walk up to Jenna’s door and say hi. Nope, burning her papers and having to get new ones was her method of choice.
Notes tag - fintan <333 *MAJOR HUGS*
PM
^
fintan travers
 Posted: Oct 21 2014, 06:43 PM
fintan travers

Ruby's admission to Jenna's bad habits amused Fintan. Smiling softly, he began tapping out an idle beat on her bare legs and told her, "Yeah, the eye rolling thing. Don't worry. She does it to everyone. I've warned her, but she doesn't listen." He recalled one time in particular, when she'd been attempting to climb the stairs to her flat after a night out, the lift out of commission for repairs. She hadn't told him the reason for celebration, only that a big project had carried out, don't ask questions, we're all going for drinks, and proceeded to drink more than ususal when Fin let it slip he was able to stay the rest of the weekend, no interruptions. None of it was a problem until they got back to her building and she claimed she could climb the stairs; her ankle was twisted by the first landing and Fintan spent the rest of the weekend changing out ice packs and enduring nothing but sass whenever he told her to keep off the injury.

The good feeling dissipated rather quickly when he realized it would take a very long time to get back to that place. Jenna didn't forgive easily and she certainly didn't forget, as the saying more or less went. Things were rocky but they could get better. They had to get better. They were so much better, both individually and together, when they were good. Fintan would make it work, if only because he had a problem staying away from her. (It was true; even when they weren't speaking, he still dropped by her flat to steal little things — a pack of cigarettes she hadn't yet finished or one of the single serving bags of baby carrots she still seemed to buy for some reason.)

Listening to Ruby, he felt like he still could make things better. Sure, on a theoretical level, he knew he had all the tools and patience to put his relationship with Jenna back together, but the initiation to start was lacking — at least until he landed in Ruby's bed, as ironic as humans would find that, given their sense of humor. He reveled in Ruby's closeness, humming low as she laid it all out in front of him, a plan that seemed foolproof to anyone who didn't really know Jenna. But it wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

"Burn your papers?" he gasped in mock horror, running his fingers through her hair. "You might see her roll her eyes at you again! Do you think you could handle it?" He gave a laugh, sliding down a little so he wasn't so upright. He reached for another pillow and stuffed it behind him to ease the angle. "Television says this is what bored teenagers do — meddle in each other's love lives for the greater good. Not that I remember being so young. Do you?" He dared pose the question, knowing he was less likely to be harmed or pushed away by Ruby than most anyone else. After all, it was him she kept accepting back into her bed.

Distractions were good. Distractions were nice. Ruby was good and nice. And Ruby was a distraction. Thinking so much about Jenna at once was confusing and tiring and he wanted to not feel so wiped out and emotionally drained. He slid down a fraction more, half upright, and let the tapping of his fingers work into her skin slightly harder, eventually working up to her back. He nosed through her hair, breathing in and memorizing her scent, and eventually tipped her head up to kiss her softly. If he couldn't have Jenna, this was as good as he was going to get to physicality with someone and frankly, he longed for it daily, as though it was another price of his human form. "Thank you, March Hare," he whispered in between kisses, letting her pick up on everything he meant on her own.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWWW
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.