Add Reply
New Poll

necessary distractions, tagged: ruby
dominic brooks
 Posted: Jun 14 2014, 08:58 AM
I don't mind if you forget me Having learned my lesson I never left an impression on anyone The pressure to change, to move on Was strange And very strong So this is why I tell you I really do understand Bye bye
30HumansCON MAN186 postsapplicationplotting
dominic brooks

STILL SMALL VOICE CALLING ME PLEASE JUST LET ME SLEEP

China Town. He was never really sure how he felt about the place. It was seemingly always busy: though not quite as crowded as nearby in Oxford Street or up North in Camden Town. It was colourful... very colourful, and the streets smelled strongly of food. Here was where you could get real Chinese food, or so he’d been told, and it was true at least that the food was a bit more filling, a bit more substantial than what you could get delivered from your local takeaway. Not that Chinese food had ever been a particular favourite, more the convenient option on the way home from a pub crawl with Harry and ‘chicken balls’ had sounded hilarious enough to be the best choice.

Still, he was meeting Ruby- and if there was one thing he knew about the Hare it was that she fucking thrived off shit like this: noise, colour and crowds were the kind of craziness he knew she enjoyed, and so he’d invited her out for Chinese food.

He was going to regret this.

Perhaps he should have been a bit more optimistic. After all, had he not always enjoyed time spent with Ruby? They had an ongoing arrangement that was more than beneficial and they certainly got along. Often a ‘friends with benefits’ deal wore thin after a while, or one half began to want more than the other could give but it was not so with Ruby. They remained in their casual state with neither craving more, and both sleeping around with others. He supposed he’d found a lucky break with her- who better to have a casual, no strings attached relationship with than a rabbit or hare?

Well, at least: once they’d turned human. Otherwise things took a whole other turn, and he wasn’t sure he wanted to venture that far down the rabbit hole.

Waiting by the archway, he lifted a lit cigarette to his lips and took a long drag, blue eyes scanning the crowds for the woman in question. She was running a little late but then, when was he ever on time? He himself had been about five minutes late, but now she was pushing fifteen…

TAG: RUBY / WORDS: 367 / NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
thank you alice <3
PM
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jun 14 2014, 10:04 PM
Normal is an illusion...what is normal for the spider, is chaos for the fly.
25WonderlandersMarch Hare157 postsapplicationplotting
ruby singer

How in the world could Ruby have never been there before. She’d heard people talk about a place called China Town but she’d never gotten around to going. Now, here she was, so dazzled by all the sights and sounds, she was really late for a date. Okay, it wasn’t a date in the romantic sense, thank goodness. She adored Dominic, he really was something special…but she didn’t see him as anything more than a dear friend and a really good shag. So while it wasn’t a date where wining and dining were to take place, she was due to meet him for some fun time. Thus, a date had been set. And she was very late. It was a good thing she didn’t have Fintan’s penchant for caring about time.

Dressed in a a simple white fitted sleeveless white shirt tucked into a pair of high-waisted black jeans that then tucked unto a pair of knee-high leather boots with proper heels and laces up the front. She had a black leather wrap bracelet around one wrist and simple hoop earrings. Her silky dark hair was down and straight, and her lips were painted a gorgeous blood red. Her pale blue eyes popped as they were lined with a bit of black eye liner and mascara. Nothing too much, but she would always make sure she looked good.

Ruby had spotted a display of sweets and stopped to buy herself a watermelon lemonade flavored lollipop and a blue one that was something about rootin’ tootin’ fruits or something. She found the name amusing and got it for Dominic. She unwrapped her own and began to suck on it, watching with wide eyes as she passed little boutiques and shops and all kinds of fun things. She wanted to stop so bad, but she knew she had to get to Dominic soon. He was usually late as well, but she had a feeling she may have won the “never on time” game this time.

It wasn’t hard to spot the tall, dark hair man and she beamed. He really was quite delicious to look at. She ran up to him, looping her arm with his so she could pull his tall frame down as she stood on tip-toes to give him a kiss on the cheek. ”Sorry I’m late! There’s SOOOO much to see! There are all these shops, and lights, and colors! Oh my, Dom have you seen all the colors! And the fabrics?!” She giggled and danced with excitement at his side. She beamed up at him, happy to see her friend. ”Oh! And I got you a lollipop! It’s blue and says something about tootin’ fruit…I don’t know what that means but it rhymed and sounded funny so I got it for you.” She presented him with the lollipop.

She glanced around, her eyes bright with eagerness. ”So what’s the plan? You picked here. I can’t believe I’ve never been, I’m so glad you chose this place. It’s awesome!” She popped her lollipop into her mouth and sucked on it a bit, savoring the sweet yet tart flavor as she waited for Dominic to tell her where they were going. She liked the lollipop and it gave her ideas for her new sweet she was selling at her shop. She’d taught herself to make something called rock candy, and was experimenting with new flavors. She liked the watermelon lemon combination.

dominic brooks
###
all the hugs and squeezes
made by jazmine at caution 2.0
ooh, pretty colors
PM
^
dominic brooks
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 01:14 PM
I don't mind if you forget me Having learned my lesson I never left an impression on anyone The pressure to change, to move on Was strange And very strong So this is why I tell you I really do understand Bye bye
dominic brooks

When she finally arrived, she was difficult to miss. Even dressed in what she might have deemed a ‘plain’ outfit, she was stunning. Had she not been mad as a box of frogs and then some, Dominic might have once considered attempting something of a proper relationship with Ruby: she was however utterly insane (albeit in an entertaining, mostly harmless way) and they’d both deemed it best to stay as friends with benefits, despite never actually discussing the terms of their relationship. Still, he couldn’t deny that she looked exceptionally gorgeous as she ran over to him, only making a small grunt of complaint as she yanked him down by the arm to her level- she did after all, follow up with a pleasant kiss to the cheek.

“Yes, I’ve seen the colours. There’s a lot of them…” He couldn’t quite hide the disgruntled expression or the almost impatient air to his voice but he knew it’d likely all go over her head; she was far too excited to pick up on any scepticism on his end. It was part of what made her so refreshing, he didn’t feel like he had to fake anything with her, and she wouldn’t start yelling at him if he picked up a bottle. Or at least, he had a hard time picturing it. “Fabrics? What… where?”

Unable to fake any interest in these mysterious fabrics- he imagined it was really only something a woman like Ruby would focus on, he was more interested in the food himself- he was saved from having to discuss it further when she thrust a lollipop in his face.

He almost burst out laughing. Of all the gifts anyone had ever given him, he’d never been presented with a lollipop before. His father would have seen it as inappropriate for a son of his (anything that could be considered even remotely conducive to a homosexual future had been banned by Brooks Sr.) and his mother hadn’t bothered to break the rule. Nowadays, he really wasn’t the kind of man who’d take to such a sweet, so the fact she’d thought of him amused him immensely. Still, to spare her feelings he took it- even unwrapping it and shoving it into his mouth, finding the taste surprisingly not unpleasant.

“Cheers love. It’s not half bad.”

“So what’s the plan? You picked here. I can’t believe I’ve never been, I’m so glad you chose this place. It’s awesome!”

Her excitement had him smirking again and he put an arm about her waist, tucking her in close to his side in a brief hug before turning her about to face the street. “Well… there’s shops, and a shit ton of food places. A lot of all you can eat buffets and a few fancier restaurants so… up to you really.” He had no real desire to go shopping himself but he had a feeling she would. He’d suffer it, if it meant he could go stuff himself with Chinese food after.

TAG: RUBY / WORDS: 500 / NOTES: <3

--------------------
user posted image
thank you alice <3
PM
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Jul 14 2014, 09:15 PM
ruby singer

Ruby was completely oblivious to even the slightest annoyance in his voice. Ruby had learned that sometimes Dom got grumpy, except when he was drinking with her or they were having sex. Those were the only times that Dom didn't get in moods, mostly because she didn't let him. No one was grumpy while Ruby was in their bed, that was not happening. As a result, she learned to ignore his grump because she knew she'd fix it eventually. Not to mention, most of his grumpiness came in the form of sarcasm, which Ruby was still not used to. She had never mastered the art of sarcasm, so when people used it she usually didn't even notice. As was the case with Dom's grumpy comment. Plus, there was so much to see.

Ruby gestured to the fabrics that had been in the direction she came from but in doing so, she saw the look on Dom's face. He didn't care...then again, he was a guy. Only Maximus loved clothing as much as she did. So Ruby shrugged it off. She did beam up at him as he tried the lollipop. "Really? What does it taste like? I've never heard of rootin' tooting' fruit...but it looked pretty."

She let him pull her to his side, adjusting contentedly so she fit perfectly under his arm. Her own arm snaked around his waist as she watched him with a smile. It was obvious she was quite happy. Colors, sugar, and handsome men made for a great night!

Ruby thought about what he listed, noticing how he listed shopping once and a lot about food. "Well, I know you didn't bring me here and expect me not to want to shop. But I also know better than to take a man shopping on an empty stomach. So let's get some food in you." She thought about the places that he listed. "You choose. I don't know any thing around here. So you pick and I'll get you loosened up so shopping isn't so painful." she grinned at him and gave his waist a squeeze. "Lighten up Dom, you know frowns aren't permitted when it's Ruby time. Only that sexy smile of yours is allowed." She stated matter-of-factly. "Now, food! We shall fill our bellies and loosen our inhibitions, makes everything more fun!" She announced, using her lollipop to point in a random direction. Though she waited for Dominic to move them in the direction of his choice. She really didn't care where she ate, she would try anything.

dominic brooks
###
ooh, pretty colors
PM
^
dominic brooks
 Posted: Sep 19 2014, 04:15 PM
dominic brooks

Ruby was perhaps one of the easiest women to be around- then again, she had originally been male, so maybe that had something to do with it. Whatever it was, he didn’t feel all that hassled or under threat in her presence. She didn’t quite have that cutting edge or that capacity for bitchiness that he associated with most women. It could be a Wonderlander thing, but then again… he’d seen Sienna. Had been quite intimate with her and yet she’d also tried to have him executed: no, it was definitely just a Ruby Singer thing. A March hare thing.

So while he had absolutely no interest in the fabrics he’d force himself through it for the sake of their friendship, because he knew she wouldn’t try to make him. It was easier to do things without the nagging, definitely: not that all women were like that, but Dom had never made it a habit to keep company with weak-willed girls with a low self-esteem. It was a bit of a vicious cycle, really.

Considering her question for a moment, his initial response was a shrug- but he soon heaved a sigh and made more of an effort, popping it back into his mouth and sucking on it contemplatively. “Definitely fruity.” Was the final verdict, said with a bit of an awkward smirk, that schoolboy sense of humour kicking back in despite everything. “Not sure it’s really suitable for me, but it’s not terrible so whatever. Good choice Powerade.”

Dominic had always had an unfortunate habit of referring to the people around him by nicknames- be they simple and derived from physical appearance or their true name, or more complex and based upon their personality. Isaac was often referred to as ‘Gay Pride’ or ‘OCD tendencies’ and Ruby? Well, Ruby was often named after energy drinks, on account of her continuously vibrant and energetic personality.

There’d also been references to the energiser bunny, but considering they also attributed to Fintan- it wasn’t used as often as the drink nicknames.

Another refreshing thing about Ruby- she was easy to please and eager to make sure everyone else was happy. Plus, she knew him well. While he might happily bribe himself with food to get himself through something, both she and he knew full well that he’d be easier to drag about the shops if he’d already eaten and was basking in the afterglow of a good meal. Unable to argue he lifted his hands in mock defeat, grinning as she squeezed his waist and encouraged him to pick a place. She always knew how to lift his spirits, if only for a short while. Once she was gone from his bed and off back to Wonderland, there’d be nothing to force him to keep up morale, but he’d cross that bridge when he came to it.

“Alright, Alright. I’ll be cheerful just for you, Mountain Dew.”

Smirking, as bidden- he steered her in the direction she’d pointed in, leading her toward one of the buffet restaurants. All you can eat was always a good choice, after all.

TAG: RUBY / WORDS: 509 / NOTES: SO SORRY OMG

--------------------
user posted image
thank you alice <3
PM
^
ruby singer
 Posted: Sep 30 2014, 10:52 PM
ruby singer

Ruby made a face as Dominic’s description of the sugary treat fell a bit short of what she was hoping for. Obviously it would be fruity, that was in the name. She wanted to know what kind of fruit, was it tart, was it overly sweet? Anything that would indicate if it would make a good flavor for her own sweets. She’d have to grab another before they left so she could dissect its flavor and figure out what it was herself.

She smiled up at him as he gave her an awkward smirk then called her another nickname. He had a penchant for nicknames, and she didn’t mind. It had confused her, a lot, in the beginning because she was used to taking many things literal. But after a bit of questioning and research, she’d found a pattern to his nicknames for her. She’d also come to realize it was often a show of affection from him, at least when it came to his friends, so she accepted it. After some research and questioning, she’d found that he liked to refer to her as drinks that gave people energy. She assumed Powerade was in that same genre. So she just smiled up at him. ”Oh Dom, fruity is all you can give me?” she sighed as though annoyed, though it was obvious by her smirk that she was over any initial annoyance.

That was how she worked, unless you angered her, she often worked through annoyance or agitation easily. Her personality was quite mercurial, but tended towards high energy and happy. She saw beauty and pleasure in a lot of things and was quite hedonistic.

She laughed with delight as he gave in and agreed to be cheerful for her. She snuggled against him and beamed, ”You know you couldn’t resist my power!” she laughed. ”I’d wear you down until you begged for mercy!” she gave him a wink. She often liked to tease him about making him beg, though it was usually for other things.

”First I make you smile, then it’s the world! There is no stopping my plan to take over the world!” she joked with an attempt at a maniacal laugh. It wasn’t that great and she shrugged. ”I’ll have to work on that. I’ve been watching this show about two mice who try to take over the world. It’s funny. The short one is smart but always fails. I like the tall dumb one though, he’s funny.” she rambled as he led her to his place of choice.

She watched him a bit, ”So what has my darling Doms been up to lately?” she asked, leaning her head against him as she let him lead. She popped her sucker back into her mouth, letting her tongue play over it as she memorized the flavors for later use. She knew Dom wasn’t one to talk a lot, but she always started things this way. He’d tell her what he wanted and she wouldn’t press for more. She would be content with what information he gave her because she knew that he didn’t share his life with many. Plus, he was one of the few humans she knew who also knew about Wonderland, so it made things so much easier that she didn’t have to hide anything from him.

dominic brooks
###
ooh, pretty colors
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

autumn leaves has been skinned exclusively for far beyond the looking glass by asya.
she would appreciate it if you didn't steal/use this skin without her permission.
for full credits, please view the credits post here.